Thermostat failures becoming common.

Rate this topic

Does that happen to include '17 model years by any chance? I had a one yesterday with a complaint of no heat at idle. The passenger side vents seem to blow decently warm heat, but the two driver side vents blow lukewarm at best. Both inlet and outlet hoses of heater core seem decently hot. And this is on a unit that doesn't have dual zone climate control.

I just happened to spot one on the last fuel system I did.  The truck was a 12 F-550 with over 100k miles.  I had the upper rad hose off and just took a peak down in the housing noticing the torn seals. 

• Like 1

The ones I get have the upper hose getting hot at 165 F. No codes. No complaints. I catch them when they come in for other concerns. This one had a leaking rad and the fan clutch was inoperative. 170,000 KM's. 

Same here only finding most of them when apart for other jobs.  Only had one come in with a lack of heat complaint and there was no rubber left on either thermostat but no codes were being set either.

• 1 month later...