6.0 fuel pressure tester

Rate this topic

Besides the ford pressure tester tool, what does everyone use to check fuel pressure on a 6.0?  

Changed shops and need to get one.  I havent used anything but the Ford tool.  

I have a brand new Ford tool if u r interested. I bought it on a dealer auction then other diesel guys left. I never used it. I see snap on offers a Ford diesel fuel pressure kit set.

Any good hydralic shop can make a hose that screws into the test port. When I am working at home on one I use a mechanical gauge and drive it like I stole it.

That's how we used to do it before that tester came out.

gallery_59_125_43020.jpg

gallery_59_125_16912.jpg

The "E-Van" adapter works great on F-models, too. The head thread, HP oil (ICP) thread, and fuel test port in the FF housing are all the same thread, 12x1.5.

On the pic above, the nut is just there for storage so the banjo doesn't get lost.

gallery_59_125_148282.jpg

Or get a spare HP oil fitting and grind the shell down a little so it doesn't hit the housing.

M12-1/4F8OHGS

Parker fitting
Or MMFP121514R

¼” NPT female x 12mm-1.5 o-ring

1/8"NPT works better but I don't have the PN.

gallery_59_125_315459.jpg

Or spend $70 for an OTC 7443

gallery_59_125_126403.jpg

You could buy a Rotunda 310-193, which has the whole deal.

gallery_59_125_111671.jpg

• Like 2

You know the schrader valve on the fuel line coming from the 6.4 fuel cooler?  Steal that line off a core engine, I promise no one will miss it.  Cut off and weld the line shut leaving the banjo and the schrader in place.  With a spare banjo bolt and 2 washers you now you have a 6.0 fuel test port adapter.

• Like 2

You know the schrader valve on the fuel line coming from the 6.4 fuel cooler? Steal that line off a core engine, I promise no one will miss it. Cut off and weld the line shut leaving the banjo and the schrader in place. With a spare banjo bolt and 2 washers you now you have a 6.0 fuel test port adapter.

That's not a bad idea... except I would cut it and find a compression fitting that clamped onto the cut end and run it into one of my fluid filled gauges.

Which makes me think... I may have access to yhe correct banjo fitting that can be put on a hydralic hose.