MD Truck

Rate this topic

Jeff, To use MD truck or the International software you need to connect to the vehicle 9-pin connector using the IC4 adapter. From my own research I have learned that there are two cable options now available. One is a COMM port adapter and the other is USB Since the Ford/Rotunda web site is currently malfunctioning I cant look up the Ford tool number but International had both of them listed.

• IC4 COM Interface #ZTSE-4729 (uses a COMM port)
  • IC4 USB Interface #ZTSE-4632-USB (uses a USB port)
They are made by SPX and you can also order them from your local International dealer or call SPX at (800) 533-6127. For a price of over $700 I would hope that they come with the 9-pin adapter cable but to be safe you should ask when ordering.

[*]IC4 COM Interface #ZTSE-4729 (uses a COMM port)

[*]IC4 USB Interface #ZTSE-4632-USB (uses a USB port)

For a price of over $700 I would hope that they come with the 9-pin adapter cable but to be safe you should ask when ordering.

Yes, they come with the 9 pin Deutsch. They probably also come with a 6 pin Deutsch for the older MD's, or at least they did the last time I purchased them. There's a $488 cable from Eaton that also works well with these programs if you're on a budget.

Merry Christmas!

Thanks for the replies. I tried the IC3 from our WDS but for the LCF I need theIC4, as it won't recognize the IC3. thanks again, I will be calling rotunda on Wednesday morning. Merry Christmas to all ! I need the break, I am 11 Trucks behind from being caught up ! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/drinkingdude.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Is your IC4 cable USB or the older serial port type?

And, because I can't remember if it needs to be, is the cable connected to the 9-pin connector on the truck? I don't remember if it needs to be connected but... I DO remember having to set up the cable to a comm port in the software. In one of the menus there is a setting. You probably just need to select a different comm port. I'll look at mine when I return to work...

It is the old COM port plug. I can find it when I'm going through the IDS, the problems is that MD will only let me select COM 1, but IDS is saying that the cable is plugged into COM 6. Maybe I just need to get the powers above to order me the USB version.

As it turns out, some of the ToughBooks were not correctly configured by Panasonic. A 10 minute call to hotline gave me a walk-through to enable the serial port. Only 10 minutes, I love this new hotline!