IDS Active Command Fan speed

Rate this topic

How much delay should there be when running the duty cycle up? Have an A/C issue. 39* at idle 53 on the road. When in bay with machine connected LS 25-30 HS 170-280. Raise RPM to 2200 and LS cycles 20-50 but HS will sometimes go past 350. Eventually fan WILL come on but duct temp has gone way up by then. from 39-50ish. If you get the fan speed up, still indicates "low speed", HS stays down in the 170 range and cools better. Has aftermarket aluminum radiator, tuner, etc.

Any ideas on reduced AC performance at road speed. More than 10 degrees temp increase from idle. 40* @ idle to 49*-52* at cruise speed.

No identifer. Boss replaced orifice tube. But he has been known to install them backward. He started off chasing empty system. Was leaking at Shrader valve's. Think it may still have a leak. Tried locating with black light but nothing found. Truck has pretty blue anodized block off plates all over engine. Need to see what ECT is at.

Also make sure the charge is correct. I recently had a Transit doing the same thing and I realized I mistakenly thought it had reat air and put too much refrigerant in it. I am sure this is not the case but you never know.

• 2 weeks later...

How is the airflow from the vents? Lack of airflow accross the evap core can make high side go very high. Possibly a dirt or desbris plugged evaporator core?

How is the airflow from the vents? Lack of airflow accross the evap core can make high side go very high. Possibly a dirt or desbris plugged evaporator core?

Evaporator is clean. Ended up overcharging it by 4 oz. 40ish @ idle/46-47 at cruise. I suspect the AC machine needs scales calibrated.