How To Prevent $1000s in Costly Car Repairs (Mechanics Aren't Happy About it)

Rate this topic

mchan68

Funny thing is that they make such a big deal about folks not getting ripped off, while they are ripping you off.  The same OBD2 bluetooth adapter is available one EBay for under $10.00.  They are charging $60.

Love it.

Joe

Anyone remember Autozone selling people egr valves when it really needed a dpfe?

Yeah they'll tell you what it all means and then tell you it needs a parts that may or may not fix it.

yeah, I put a lot of dpfe on under the recall that customer said everything involved with egr has already been replaced still setting code. I would say everything except what it needed and it's free Ford has extended warranty on it.

I remember watching this. The thing the struck me the most is that "you can't trust a mechanic" which seemed to the the only message. And, the guy  in the video was or is a tech? It kills me, people think that if they have a code, they know exactly whats wrong and how to fix it. I also think it is a good idea for any consumer of products OR services to be informed and at the very least be aware if things don't seem right. I'm just sick and tires of constant negative bashing our industry takes.

Notice the disclaimer at the bottom of the page stating it's an ad and not an "Actual news article". Whoever published that article is just as "Shady" as the mechanics they claim to save you from... IMHO.