Claims processing

Rate this topic

Alex Bruene

I had a bit of an interesting experience last week that I thought I'd post about...  My fixed ops manager called me into his office to talk about a denied claim for a crankcase oil separator one of my guys did a few weeks ago.  The claim was sent back with the comments "complete assembly was not replaced as required".  I explained to him that we have figured out how to replace just the sensor, and sometimes do it when in a pinch for time...  I asked if the claim came back from WPEC...  He said no, as the claim hadn't been paid yet, so the part would not have been sent back.  I then asked how they would know whether or not we did that if they hadn't called the part back.  We proceeded to call the Ford warranty hotline and ask how they could have made that determination without inspecting the part (which we verified was still in our parts department).  The guy we spoke to at Ford said the claim was not reviewed by them.  That decision came from OVERSEAS, and we should just appeal it... BACK THE TRUCK UP ...  OVERSEAS?  Is Ford outsourcing this shit now?  Has anybody heard of this before?

They don't know.  Do you think they are looking at punched clock times and comparing to others. Then searching the internet and seeing what people are doing. If punch times are to low they just assume that's how you did it? 

We visited the warranty claim center and sat for an hour with a claim assessor. The guy I sat with showed me he did claims on same part # all day and would just hit pay on the ones that had no red flags on. If computer program put a red flag on for time he would read story and if it made sense for extra time he would click pay claim. Most didn't have any justification for the claim so he would click return button.