FDRS is now available

Rate this topic

Ford Diagonsis and Repair System (FDRS):
   blu_hr_ln_n.gif

The Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) is the next generation of diagnostic support for Ford and Lincoln vehicles.

FDRS is used to perform diagnostics on newer model years of some vehicle lines. Click Here to see which current Model Year vehicle lines use FDRS.

FDRS provides superior capabilities when compared to IDS. The system is more user-friendly and provides more diagnostic tools than IDS. The cloud based system ensures the technician is provided the latest software every time FDRS logs into the Ford network.

Click Here to view the FDRS Quick Reference Guide.

Click Here to view the FDRS FAQ.

Publish Date:

July 17, 2017

Due Date (If Applicable):

According to my fse it will work on 15 and newer F150’s and 17 and newer escapes. So there are ways to make sure yours is working properly without waiting for an expedition, navigator or ecosport. 

My biggest concern at the moment is how bad is it gonna run on a slower processor (still an I5) and an old school non ssd drive. 

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:17 AM, Keith Browning said:

I installed it this morning. Version 13? :scratch:  Anyway, it won't connect with my VCM2 even though it recognizes it.

Same with me.

Mine works now. Not sure what I was doing differently, I may have had PTS open on the vehicle ID screen the first time I tried.

Here is what Ford sent me:

We saw your concern submitted regarding FDRS and connectivity to the VCM II.  Please note that FDRS cannot be opened and in use while IDS is also in use, as they both will “steal” the VCM II from each other.  In addition, FDRS cannot be used while the “Read VIN and DTC’s” button is selected from PTS.  However, PTS can be open while FDRS or IDS is open, you just cannot use the Read VIN and DTC’s button.  The same goes for the VCI manager.

If you have not already done so, please ensure that your IDS is updated to level 107.03.  If not, please uninstall FDRS and update IDS.  Once updated, please open IDS and validate your license, once completed, download and install FDRS and this will automatically obtain the license to IDS.  If you encounter any other concerns, please respond back to this email.

Thank you,

Travis

Ford Diagnosis and Repair System Team