14300 Harness Replacement

Rate this topic

Anybody replace one yet? What did you charge or what did warranty pay?  I am doing one today because the battery cable rotted off of the starter motor. It is turning out to suck as bad as I imagined but the first one always does.

BTW the 14300 harness is the battery.charge harness that is bolted across the front bottom of the engine.

Keith, I've done one so far under warranty. If I recall correctly, I flat out MT'd that repair. It was on a truck that plows and salts so you can imagine the rust factor. Accessing the block grounds were what sucked for me. I vaguely recall dropping the steering box too, to get everything routed up correctly. That job took me a day. And yes, replacement was for the exact same reason you are opting to replace yours.

Leave the steering gear in place mike. Little tip: disconnect the engine mounts and lift the engine an inch or so. All I really accessed was both splash shields, air box, steering stabilizer and the lower coolant hose. Plenty of room from there.  I think the worst part of the job is that the harness has the battery cables in it negative and positive and is all nice an new and straight and STIFF. That harness needs to be bent and twisted into place... not all that easy is it?

Just did one yesterday myself. Luckily, not much rust down here. Removed the air box, both inner fender liners, and steering stabilizer. Otherwise, it's just pulling it all out and putting back in. And like yours, the new one was very stiff which was a pita at times. The hardest part for me was getting the plastic housing back between the water pump and p/s line and fed back up to the driver's side battery. It was under warranty and I ended up clocking around 2.3 hours for it.