i will be looking for work tomorrow

Rate this topic

m-mathus

well it's decided. i will be passing out resumes tomorrow.i think i will look to the aftermarket.i hope i can find a job that pays by the hour......no more flat rate for me. hopefully there is a company that even provides health ins. the final straw was the service manger decided it not fair that i can make more frh's than the other guys so now the other diesel tech has the right to pick his work before i can get a job. i stand around while everyone else gets works. he gives the better jobs to the rest so thier hours can match mine. tired of being punished for doing my job well.at least this service manager admits what he's doing........the rest haven't.

...annnnnd...another one bites the dust...amazing the difference in management's attitude in the US vs Kanada? Guess if a shop is doing mostly CP, everyone has reason to be happy...

As for finding something in the aftermarket forget working at any shop that has a name on the sign that you recognize, Pep Boys, AAA, Goodyear, Firestone, Midas etc, unless you are comfortable being a flush queen. Been there, done that, couldn't do it in good conscience.

A fleet/city/county job is about the only option, IMO...

I'm going on week 2 working for a city as a mechanic. The pace is much more relaxing than always being stressed out in a flatrate shop. I'm trying to catch on to "it'll be done when its done" and " if it needs it ,do it". I have no idea why it took me so long to do this. Yeah it was a little pay cut over all but the hours are really steady and there is no slow time and got to go, got to go time! and better benifits...4 weeks start accruing after 6 months, i've never had more than 2 weeks in almost 14 years at 2 dealers...good luck!