18N04

Rate this topic

mchan68

Is anyone else having issues with reprogramming the PCMs on these? I have one right now, that I've used three different IDS/VCM combos unable to complete the process.

I have one that goes into a endless loop of trying to find part number and validating. Hotline and my fse said some got the wrong gpcm installed and its causing the ids to not like the part #. I have not gotten the truck back in to check the gpcm # yet.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:06 PM, tonybullitt said:

I have one that goes into a endless loop of trying to find part number and validating.

I have my third one here doing exactly as you describe, getting on my last nerve. I too, have opened a Hotline Contact request. What was the suggested resolution?

Okay....

For those of you wondering, I haven't received any response from Hotline yet. Here's my workaround. I have managed to complete four stock units by starting IDS sessions and clicking NO when it identifies the vehicle. At that point, when IDS asks for a PCM part number and/or tear tag number, I simply punch in the MBW7 tear tag number retrieved from OASIS. At that point, IDS proceeds with the PCM calibration by downloading the As-Built data from the internet. Once this process completes, it moves onto the NOx11M recalibration, only to display yet again, the same message, "Are you here to obtain PCM part numbers so that you can flash program the PCM or do you wish to restore the PCM's configuration data back to factory original settings?" leaving you with the only choice of clicking the "confirm" prompt and the next screen, "Do you wish to re-try?" with a YES and NO choice. After hitting that same brick wall as I did when attempting to do the reprogram by the usual method, I decided to ignore the request and simply started up the engine and then clicked YES. Since the IDS senses the engine running, it then requests the engine to be turned off rather than going back into that endless circle of the two screens mentioned above. Upon shutting the engine down, it then proceeds to reprogramming the TCM and then the process completes.

Since the above mentioned method managed to get the process to complete with success, I then tried it on another unit today, this time starting the session by the usual method and then starting the engine as soon as that message causing me this grief displays. It looks like starting the engine when not requested to do so, manages to get the process to complete for those of you wondering. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keith Browning said:

Cool Mike!  Did you try to reprogram the PCM afterward to see if it tells you there are no updates?

Yes. Not just with the IDS used to complete the process, but also our shop IDS as well, so that it wouldn't identify a previous session when connected to the DLC.

• Like 1