Breaks Up at Higher RPM

Rate this topic

2007 F450 6.0L - engine sound changes and the engine shakes a bit but not like a dead hole. I can duplicate the concern under load and it starts approaching 2500 RPM and at tip-in. Does it at 3000 RPM in neutral as well. No codes, not one misfire logged in mode 6 data. All I see is ICP voltage becoming erratic and I can see injection timing and fuel PW react but not a lot - ICP pressure and IPR readings really don't do anything either. Wiggle test showed nothing - tried a new ICP for giggles but no change. The engine otherwise sounds and runs great. I am thinking the ICP reading is the effect, not the cause. Pump? Opinions?

ICP-Sawtooth-1.png

I had a 2006 f-450 that had severely plugged fuel filters that would throw off icp at wot. The same truck also had high pressure oil leaks hot, I had fixed the no start hot but still had a lack off power top end.  Maybe look at the fuel filters and check fuel pressure but you have probably done already.

4 hours ago, Keith Browning said:

Guess which side? (only explanation I can think as to how this happens)

BROKEN-VALVE.jpg

Passenger side???

Someone else went a little brutal on reinstalling the standpipe during a previous injector replacement, or other on that bank in which rail removal was necessary? I know it is pretty tight with that evaporator housing there.

My thinking is with Mike here. If you have ever tried installing that in one piece on the right bank you will need to get brutal and force the issue. It will stress at that point. Since the threads are on top, torque would not be a factor here or at least not during installation.