6.0 injector sleeve removal no. 8

Rate this topic

Hi fellas i have the 6.0 otc tap and installer but missing the thread type removal tool for the slide hammer for cup removal.  Any homemade tips you guys can share to get no. 8 sleeve out. Either way i wouldnt be able to get a slide hammer back in there. Thanks for any advice ahead of time. 

I went to Napa and got a trailer u bolt that had 5/8 fine thread like the slide hammer. Cut it off for threaded rod. Ran the tap in threaded the rod in and used a puller as bridge. I think it was a pitman arm puller I found fit

• Like 1

I don't have the removal tool that goes into the cup after cutting the threads with the die. Can I just install a stud directly into the cup? if so what size of stud do I need? thanks for any help.

• 3 weeks later...

I did the same Tony - the pipe was large enough to cover the injector bore and I welded a washer on one end that the threaded rod goes through topped with a nearing and a nut. Thread the remover into the cup, spin in the rod and place the tube over it all and wrench until the sleeve pulls out. I'll post a pic too when I get it out.