1.5L Coolant Loss TSB 19-2375

Rate this topic

mchan68

Just curious. How many of you guys have had the pleasure (DISpleasure???) of short-blocking these 1.5L Escapes? What are your thoughts? I've already done a few, and currently doing another one right now, and I have to say it sure is a lot of work for what it pays.

I do not work on Escapes but I am surrounded by them in the shop at this time. They are coming in left and right. I am amazed that for a smallish vehicle with a tiny engine there is an insane amount of hoses and vacuum lines. The floor around these when the engine is out has parts all over the place like a bomb went off. Why the hell is all of that shit necessary?

I have done one so far. I took pictures as it was coming apart and created a parts layout that let me remember the order in which things came off the engine. The big issue I found was routing all those coolant hoses. OMG, I agree with you Keith about all the hoses...….

I don't disassemble the coolant hoses and wiring harnesses anymore. I just "flip" them all over the transmission side as soon as I have the engine/trans combo dropped. For the hours that this job pays, I've lost patience with wasting time trying to figure where everything goes. The biggest bullshit is getting our parts department to order the multiple page long list of hardware taking even the most seasoned veteran of parts guys three hours to fill!!! That's not to mention the warranty administrator going over the list with you AFTER the job is completed!!! 

I'm sure you guys have already seen this, but I just top up the coolant on all the 1.5 Escapes coming in for M2s without saying a word because I sure as hell am not motivated to do too many more these. I'd rather do an engine replacement on a 6.0L F-Series, believe it or not.