P0000???

Rate this topic

I a 2019 truck in with P0000. The only complaint is a MIL light on, no other symptoms. No PPT or anything in OASIS comes up. Never been worked on. And definitely looks as bone stock as can be. Mileage is low. Passes KOER. Since I couldn't find anything, I just did a reflash and punted it.

I've seen that before a few times, always on the 6.7L, never on gas trucks. Hotline told me it was a possible hiccup in the PCM and just to clear it.

...... and it's back now, 100 kms (62 miles) later with the MIL back on. This time, it flagged P2457. After a quick boo at the MAF and EGRTC PIDs with EGRBPV commanded ON and OFF per the PPT with no change but getting vacuum at the solenoid, I have a new EGR on order. The interesting thing here is, you can't get the bypass valve by itself like you are instructed to replace for the ones under 18E02. Apparently you have to replace the whole cooler, valve and bypass as a whole assembly. Of course, it's on back order unavailable.

• 4 months later...

Finally got the truck back in to complete the repair. The top picture, is the old cooler assembly disassembled, and how the bypass valve was lodged in between housing. The bottom pic is a side by side comparison of old and new assembly. Note the different bypass actuator on the replacement assembly.

IMG_20200806_153939_01.jpg

IMG_20200806_153632_01.jpg

According to the Hot-Line,  "P0000 is an erroneous code and is of no concern."

And then there is this...

SSM 46416 - 2017 F-Super Duty/2016-2017 F-650/F-750 - 6.7L - Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0000
Some 2017 F-Super Duty and 2016-2017 F-650/F-750 vehicles equipped with a 6.7L engine may exhibit a DTC P0000. This DTC is due to a processing error in the powertrain control module (PCM) as a result of on demand self testing with an Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS). P0000 is an invalid DTC that will not illuminate the MIL and should be disregarded.