Both Front Windows Rolled Down?

Rate this topic

This is on my own truck, a 2016 F-250 XLT for those of you not in the know. It has happened on a very random basis, the most recently of which was this last Sunday while parked in my driveway. I woke up Sunday morning and noticed outside both of my front windows completely down! Needless to say, I was a little alarmed about it and quickly put the windows up. There's no issues with their operation that I'm aware of. The last time this happened, was also while parked on my driveway some time in March after it has snowed the night before of course! Can anybody shine any light on what might have caused this? Better question is how to prevent it?

SSM 45616 - 2016 F-Super Duty - Multiple Diagnostic Trouble Codes(DTCs) And/Or Symptoms - Inspect Body Control Module(BCM) For Water/Moisture/Corrosion - Built On Or Before 11/10/2015
Some 2016 F-Super Duty vehicles, built on or before 11/10/2015 may exhibit multiple symptoms that could be related to a water leak from the windshield A-pillar area on the passenger side. This condition is evidenced by signs of water, moisture, or corrosion at the connectors, pins, fuses or relays in the BCM (Base 15604). Refer to Workshop Manual Section (WSM) 419-10 for BCM access. If a water leak is identified, follow updated WSM Section 501-11 for diagnosis and repairs and reseal the windshield. Use available Service Labor time Standards (SLTS). Follow normal warranty policy manual for warranty coverage.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Okay. How are you gents? I took the wife's car this morning to work to do her oil change. When I arrived home, both front windows were open yet again!!! Of course, both my front seats and door panels are now soaked from the rain and snow we had today.🤬🤬🤬 Is there any way to disable this stupid global open feature? Would it be under programmable parameters with IDS?

3 hours ago, Keith Browning said:

Mike did you figure this out yet?

Nope. I just got my truck back from having it detailed. The next time I do a manual Regen on it, I will check for DTCs...

But..... I'm toying with the idea of getting into a 2021 Lariat with the Sport package in the meantime. The only thing I'm on the fence about, is the all new for 2020 10R140. The reliability is obviously unknown.

• 2 months later...

Okay.....no DTCs when I checked. It never did re-occur on my truck again since then, but.....on my way out the door to work one morning, my wife's 2019 Explorer had both front windows open this time.😡😡😡

So yeah, now I'm definitely interested in having the global open feature permanently disabled on both vehicles. Well, after some digging, I finally found a way to do it.👍👍👍

It's already too late to cancel the order for my 2021 F-250 unfortunately, so the next guy to take my truck will be taking it, minus the global open feature.