10R140 Shifting and Engagement Concerns

Rate this topic

Just wandering if you fellas are getting any 10R140 transmission shifting complaints or harsh engagement complaints. I know there are a couple of bulletins... but I have noticed some of these transmissions are a little wonky at times.

I only have had one 10r140 so far with engagement issues, new valve body fixed that one. I have done a few 10r60's and 80's that have needed valve bodies. Had one 10R60 with a burnt intermediate clutch, only had 8500 KM on it.

Having now owned and lived with my '21 with a 6.7, I do feel that up shifts and downshifts are noticeably harsh when crawling through traffic. Although I haven't paid attention to which gears through which the shifts feel harsh and abrupt, it is kind of making me miss the overall smoothness of the 6R140 from my old truck.

I am beginning to think complaints tend to come from pick-up owners more than DRW narrow frame applications. Some are butter smooth and others not so much and randomly seem quite harsh. This reminds me of then the Torqshift 6 first emerged.