Reminder: FORD FUEL CONSUMPTION CLASS ACTION | ACTION COLLECTIVE RELATIVE À LA CONSOMMATION DE CARBURANT DE VÉHICULES FORD

Rate this topic

lmorris

So I received this email over the weekend. I used to own a 2013 Escape. No longer own it because it was written off. I'm a little disturbed by this e-mail in a couple of ways. It seems they have the email addresses of everyone that purchased vehicles in 2013 and 2014. That bugs me. Secondly, I never had any issues with fuel economy, I also know, as a tech, that the numbers set by the manufacturer's are very hard to duplicate in everyday driving. 

In my 45 years fussing with broken cars it has continually amazed me at how so few people know what MPG their car is really getting. Overwhelmingly the answer to MPG being bad is "I was able to get to/from work for $45 all week and now it is $60. Some times this is after fuel jumped $1 or more recently or the road they use is narrowed to fewer lanes due to construction and time to travel it has increased. I also have some closer friends that I know to faithfully use remote start and they complain that their 1/2 ton or full size SUV uses too much fuel.