08 F-450 crank no start.

Rate this topic

Well one of the guys i work with 2 weeks ago got 6.4 crank no start.Not enough high pressure fuel.no leaks.crankcase isn't filled up.hotline and engineer at international advised to replace high pressure pump.2 weeks later we get the pump.cab goes up, im sure after doing it 2nd or 3rd time it will get quicker.A whole lot of disconnecting..after getting cab up.and unbolting exhaust pipes we see a big problem.after removing exhaust pipe from right manifold oil pours out.nothing comes out of left side manifold.thats where he stoped.any ideas...motor never hydrolocked.

Sounds like the one I had(flamethrower).Mine snapped the high pressure turbo shaft in half and pounded oil into the exhaust.After it dumped about 10litres of oil in the exhaust it decided it was time for a regen...hehe(hence the flamethrower).I had to change full exhaust along with turbos(man did it ever burn up the dpf internally).I would check the end play on the high press turbo, you will probably see/feel something very wrong there.Oh,and I learned that what I call a flamethrower an engineer calls a "THERMAL EVENT"...roflmao

yea theres no play in high pressure turbo turbine wheel.what im woundering is why theres only oil in the right exhuast manifold and not the left exhaust manifold.theres also a small puddle of oil in the low pressure turbo collector exhaust side.

The old parts went back pretty quick, so no pics unfortunately...

No slts yet so the job paid MT. I think parts told me around 12k but I wasn`t paying much attention and didn`t look at what pricing he was looking at.. That dpf must be made of solid gold is all I remember thinking when he told me how much it was..

Engineer that came in to look at the truck told me that they are working on a reflash so that if its below -15c (not plugged in) that it will have dead pedal for 30secs to give the turbo a chance to get oil. Sounds to me like there may be more issues than just that with the turbos, but what do I know? it may work like a champ...

ISX Cummins DPF Assy = 10,000.00 differential pressure sensor,Temp probes and harness included LOL......It would take a event like the Oil from a Blown turbo or Coolant getting into it to trash it.Other than having it apart for cleaning and dropping the catalyst or filter section and cracking it up or damaging the ceramic face.How is Ford going to handle the cleaning process when it becomes necessary.It will probabley be a reman exchange deal for dealerships.