05 6.0L hard/ no start when warm, no idle

Rate this topic

I have an 05 6.0L, came in for oil change and sold fuel injection. Sat for two weeks and customer picked up saying it had no power. Suspect the concern always present. Boost test, no boost at all. Tested the turbo and found it was not boosting at all. Replaced the turbo. Has boost and low power. Had p2285 low icp code but it has not returned. Watched the pids for that code and pressure was equal after running. Did pc/ed for hard start and high pressure oil leak test. Heard a small leak under right side valve cover that went away quickly. Suspected stand pipes and plugs, 40k original miles on this engine. Replaced the plug and pipe, re assembled and now it took forever to start. Will now start but only cold and will not idle at all. Suspect the high pressure pump not building pressure but I cant test due to not having the right special tools. Thank you for any help.

Lets start at the beginning, 

So it ran fine came in for oil change and you stated "sold fuel injection". What is that?

Also you stated after replacing the stand pipe "it took forever to start".  it should crank long after that repair. Did you drive to bleed the air out of the system? 

Im sorry for the vague description, the fuel injection was the bg service and did the oil change. I have changed the fuel filters that were garbage. The customer states that it ran fine but i can only assume this does not happen over night. It took days of cranking to get it to start, I think thats due to the oil being put back into the pan and none in the system. I can run it cold, not hot. i have started it cold, revved to 3000 rpm and stayed for 5 mins and it still does not idle. After it will not start at all. The last known icp was 735 approx and the ipr was 25 or so. 

That IPR is maxed out.  I would air pressure check it again. Listen close to both sides. I would bet it has a leak. Possibly STC fitting --snap to connect on high pressure pump.  

(Your fighting air in this system after a repair it needs to be driven to remove. I have no experience with the BG wallet flushes , but that could have also induced more problems)

• Like 1