FLUKE Meter Repair

Rate this topic

My 25+ year old Fluke 88 multi-meter has issues - the dial does not always match the actual mode, needs calibrating and the case is cracked. Due to the cost replacing it with the same is out of the question.  So, my question is, have any of you sent a meter in to Fluke for repair?  I have not contacted them yet, so I have no idea about the pricing, but it does appear they have a flat rate repair that covers parts, labor, calibration and any modifications to bring up to current standards... whatever that means. 

My other option is to replace it outright with a different meter that has the same capabilities. Any recommendations? 

To be honest I don't need or use all of the capability of the Fluke 88 - the 78 would do perfectly but again it's pricey. 

WWW.FLUKE.COM

Learn about Fluke USA repair services and replacement parts, which are available through our network of global certificed...

I do remember, a loooong time ago, the warranty was expired, and I sent it in because there was some recall or update that I received a card for. The screen had a crack, and the positive and negative banana jacks were also cracked. Would you know they repaired it all at no charge!  I just sent an email request to Fluke...

As for the Min/Max recording I totally agree with you.  While I was perusing their products the Fluke 115 looks like a good replacement if that is where I decide to go with this. It has the necessary features we are discussing here and is currently on sale. 

WWW.FLUKE.COM

Get the Fluke 115 True-RMS digital multimeter for all electrical and electronic test requirements. Simple operation...

Interesting. Never saw the point of spending the money on a Fluke. I got a Matco one that is almost 20 years old. Does everything I need and more. Interesting thing is the amp meter on it is rated for 20 amps. And the couple times I have popped the fuses in itI didn’t have to go buy expensive fuses to fix it. 

But in all fairness for most of what I get to diag for electrical I grab my power probe instead of the meter. Networks and seat heater pads still do get the meter though. 

• Helpful 1

Bought a Fluke 77 in 1990 for $119.70 still have the box,  price tag is on it.  use it all the time. Replaced to leads once, fuses couple times.  Called customer service they were very helpful when I needed something.

• 3 weeks later...