ave a 03 6.0 with a lack of power

Rate this topic

have a 03 6.0 lack of power when accelerating only showing 800 psi of oil pressure on icp pid during light accel sometimes it goes to 1600 psi, boost is 25 psi this vehicle came in a no start and i found the ipr valve blown out screen came off and o ring blew out screen was not full of metal or debris just came off end fuel pressure is ok and it keeps coding p2290 lack of icp pressure i air checked while down,no leaks any ideas or been there done that stories thanks for the help

That this thing is making 25 PSI is odd.... 27 would be nicer but 25 ain't too shabby. What I see in most complaints of lacks power is boost in the neighbourhood of 22 or even lower (we're at about 1900 ft.).

Since this thing, to my addled old brain, seems to be making "adequate" boost, I might wonder if there isn't something else going on.... sensor coherency might be worth a look (MAP, BARO and EBP).... I think I'd be looking for a programmer as well...

Some owners will try to hide sagging performance with a tuner and wind up with something that is really hurtin' because the original concern was left too long.

A feather in my cap.... I finally have all of our various departments united in a stand against "open weave" air filters.... I think I'd be looking at a crankcase pressure test, too. If this thing passes, at least we have ruled out a very basic concern.

I am being forced into a battle of wits with more than one accessory supplier in Edmonton by some of our locals..... I hope that I can make them appear "unarmed".

kevin, is this an early build? If it is have you checked the base engine oil pressure @ idle? I`ve seen some early builds that use the rex-roth high press pump blow out the little plug on the l/h side of the pump.Dumps low press oil like crazy and the pump starves at higher demand= low power. The tip off is usually low idle base oil pressure(10psi or thereabouts) and ipr around 30% @ idle.good luck.

changed the icp sensor and connector no help,going to yank the intake and pump cover and exzamine the pump the base oil fills the housing for the filter in about 5 seconds i don't have the fittings to check exact pressure .I feel sure it's probably in the high pressure side of the system now it may be the piece blown out in the pump mentioned above thanks for the help i will post the fix when i find out for sure