90 f-350 4x4 front diff ?

Rate this topic

I am putting a dana 60 solid front in my personal 90 f-250. I picked up a used axle out of an 87 f-350. Both rigs are diesels. The bad part is the brake calipers are shot, one lock out is junk and I need to put 4.10 gears in it. Wondering if I can use the hubs and calipers out of my heavy duty twin I-beam axle? Wondering if you guys have any reccomendations on where to get gears from, that arent outrageous. thanks for the input.

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys. I found a place called randy's ring and pinion on the internet. They seem very knowledgeable and helpful. There prices are pretty reasonable too. I am going to try using the hubs I've got from the heavy duty I beam axle. All the parts look the same. Thanks for the help guys.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, Robert... but I'm wondering how many of you guys are buying your own parts from suppliers you find on your own time... what kind of after sales service you get... all that kind of stuff....

All I ever do is write down my requirements and hand them to our partsmonger... tools... parts... don't matter what.... He does all the legwork for me and all I pay is 10% over his cost. He might come up with one winner or two or three viable choices. If it comes to any problems after the fact, I have him and his buying power working for me.

Peace of mind for only a few bucks... and I get it on my employee account.

Well up where you are now Jim, I would probably do the same thing but down here in Windsor I have access to many more shops then the on site parts guys want to be bothered contacting, that and I have close friends in the Detroit area so we are over there on a regular basis. As far as service goes I've had nothing but the best from the shops I've dealt with, so far anyways. Most of the stuff I need is for my old toy and it's getting rather hard to find stuff for a 70's vintage F-series.

Don, Aaron sent me a p/m that he was going to start there recently. Has he? If you guy's need anything I can save you some time and money being about 10-15 minutes from the border now. I deal with Bogar Truck parts and Expressway trucks about 3-4 times a day. Bill at Bogar and Mike at Expressway good guy's both of them look them up they will help big time just tell them Larry told you to call. As well as calling Weller Truck parts 800-473-1905 ask for Tim and tell him I sent you. He'll take good care of you. But don't forget about me in the end I drink Crown.

Actually we just moved Aaron's box into town today, he officially starts Feb 4, right after we both get back from school. Thanks for the tips, i've dealt with Bogar's before and yeah always good service from all the guys there. 10-15 mins away from the border huh? well maybe one of these days we'll have to get together over some of that Crown /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the question... ANYBODY INTO NASCAR We have 2 races here in the Beautiful Irish Hills of Michigan. I live 6 miles east of the track and love it. I have plenty of room if any of you guys want to come into town. I have a few guys that come in from the flatlands of the bad 4 letter word of Ohio(Buckeyes) they are all truckin futs. We have a good time when they come into town, they can't hold the Liquor but are still a lot of fun... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

Offer is open...

Side note: Keith you look like you need a vaca. bring the family with you. Good times for everyone.

You to Jim but ride your Harley

This does not happen at work but I think my ribs are better, the next cook out at work is going to be Polish so I think you have to be a bit ethnic to enjoy it. At work is going to be around the 2nd week of May. My house is whenever I feel like doing ribs. Used my grill so much that right know I'm waiting on replacement parts for it. Burnt up the manifold and almost blew it up, melted the front center control on it and had flames coming out out the front panel.

About 2 weeks for the parts.

Come on guy's drive/fly in for you Northerners

Thanx for the invite Larry but if I can scrape up some cash to travel anywhere it HAS to be Disneyland or I WILL get castrated! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cover.gif But we are NASCAR fans here and my 6-year old daughter is a Kasey Kahne fan and we are waiting for our 2-year old to catch onto the "racey cars." Wanna good laugh? At the beginning of every race the little one shouts "boogety boogety boogety - lets go racing boys!" Even when good `ol D.W. isn't commentating she steps up. When they get older we might try taking them to a race as we are only about an hour away from Pocono.

Quote:
Keith I was just talking to my wife and Pocono just came up, we would like to take a trip up there sometime, hmmm race weekend would be good for me...Her I don't know about yet. Does it matter???

GO DALE JR 88 /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif

Quote:
." Wanna good laugh? At the beginning of every race the little one shouts "boogety boogety boogety - lets go racing boys!" Even when good `ol D.W. isn't commentating she steps up.

Keith want a better one, I still do say that for every race, even the ones I'm at.

As for Aaron give me a call or p/m or email, if you guy's are coming to the race my home is your home. And yes we do have indoor plumbing, and this new fangled thing call a ice box.

Who would have thought Ryan Newman and Kurt Busch would beat the cry baby Tony Stewart...I love JR "88" but still can't stand the rest of Hendricks "RAINBOW" warriors.

Quote:
." Wanna good laugh? At the beginning of every race the little one shouts "boogety boogety boogety - lets go racing boys!" Even when good `ol D.W. isn't commentating she steps up.

Keith want a better one, I still do say that for every race, even the ones I'm at.

As for Aaron give me a call or p/m or email, if you guy's are coming to the race my home is your home. And yes we do have indoor plumbing, and this new fangled thing call a ice box.

Who would have thought Ryan Newman and Kurt Busch would beat the cry baby Tony Stewart

This I gotta see for myself LMAO..... as for Newman winning, that was sweet seeing him being pushed by Busch past those 2 toyota's..... I can almost bet Aaron and I will be over for at least one race this summer so we'll see what happens for the Augest race. BTW I was gonna look you up today when I was over visiting some friends and guessing by the zip for the business i was within blocks of where you are.