What's In Your Bay?

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't we all feel like getting shit faced and sitting in a corner by ourselves at one point or another?

As for Jim, Life is what you make of it. To have one or not...

I'm not one to judge I just want to see all of us be happy and enjoy what we do... I don't think that's to much to ask, do you?

Jim if you want to work(or have to) that's up to you. Life is to short.

JIM I think I'm a little like you but I enjoy lifes little pleasures without having to think about work. The sunset the sunrise and the Deer in my back yard to watch and fatten up for the next couple of weeks until the Bucks come back in. I have a new driver starting on Monday and plan to make the most of him without hurting his little feelings to much. Between myself and the other guys I work with we've killed/gotten rid of 3 in the last month. What am I doing wrong other than getting stuff done????

We probably drive about 150-200 miles a day per driver. Is that to much to ask??

Today ( Monday ) the other diesel tech called off. I have.

My 3 bays

05 6.0 e-van that needs 4 injectors on bank 1

6.4 melted DPF sensor, iced air filter

06 23K 250 that needs a snow plow package Fan clutch thats CP because it was not equiped ( declined by customer at 4pm)

06 F-350 132K that got a oil-egr cooler ( oil in coolant ) used car now, and need water in fuel sensor

Diagnosed and sitting outside

06 F-450 battery drains overnight

08 6.4 p0196 EOT outta range (hotline said to clear and ship it engineering investigating)

Finished 2day..

2 7.3 recalls

injector in a 07 F-450 6.0 with awesome fuel pressure and no idea why it failed.

Bay 1: Just finished an 06 F350 Head gasket job, and now an 04 showed up puking coolant out of the degas bottle...Nice, I already have all the needed tools out. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rockon.gif

Bay 2: I had a 05 F250 with a REALLY intemitant no start, but not having any codes, and not being able to get it to happen I slapped it with a big ol NPF and shipped it. Told cust it might be from thier aftermarket remote start-and that they should unplug it and drive it for a while to see if the problem happens again /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hammer2.gif

If it's of any conseqence, My oil sales rep came in today, same one that I had at Motor City Ford. He checked on the oil level in the tank and seen that my old shop had exactly "1" truck in the shop and very few in the lot. It's not because I left but it shows that things are bad everywhere, more so here in metro Detroit. I feel bad for the guy's I worked with because they get payed a small salary plus commission. No trucks no sales no pay check.

I must be a witch because I always seem to get out of a shop just before the shit hits the fan and goes south.

On the brighter note my service shop across the yard is backed up 2-3 weeks on some jobs. We are getting ready to open a new service only shop about 35 minutes west of us and are in the process of buying a new fuel injection shop in Grand Rapids.

Man oh Man I'm starting to feel more and more like Jim...

Sorry so long with my post...

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=271&limit=recent

This is a typical Monday at Fourlane Ford. These photo's were taken on October 22/07. I just never found the time to show them off. my days are still going like this. I had two sets of head gaskets on the go and then there was the F-150 5.4L engine job as well.

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=272&limit=recent

The young man with the pipes pulling on the breaker bar is my young apprentice torquing down a set of heads for me while I capture these fine moments. They other young man is a young high school trainee theat is doing the injector o-rings for me. They grow up so fast, don't they? And yes I do work myself, when I am not taking photos.

Dwayne I can appreciate the pic, but I count 3 cab offs at that time. How many more were there that you didn't show us?

By the way nice looking shop.

And how do you explain the other pics on the web of you in the local pub? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/poke.gif

• 1 month later...

2002 550 7.3 with bad fuel tank and oil in fuel took all 8 inj out found one bad oring cust yo pay for all orings and tank not happy esp base care doesn't cover orings good for me 12hrs in my pocket it's good to work on a diesel and not put a w in front of my time on my time card.

• 1 year later...

We have plenty of work. A lot of diesel work.

I have:

2006 F350 with 3 bad injectors

2006 F350 with a bad FICM

2005 or 2006 F250 with bad headgaskets

2006 F350 that won't go over 30MPH and has a trans leak

I'm sure there will be others tomorrow.

2007 F-450 rusted out fuel tank. Salt truck

2005 E-450 EGR and bad injectors #'s 3 and 5

2005 F-250 coked EGR and blown head gaskets

2006 F-250 lacks power. No diag yet

2005 Paul's F-250 Harley Lacks power, no start at times. No diag yet.

2004 F-250 No start. No diag yet.

2005 F-350 with stacks on it. Lacks power. No diag yet.

2006 F-450 Lacks power. No diag yet.

It's Tuesday and I'am already falling behind.

Posted Image

Brand new 09 Flex with a PTU seal leaking trans fluid onto the exhaust. Customer came in panicked about the smoke and the burning smell from under her new car--parts are on a MAJOR backorder. What happened to all the 6.0s???

09 Escape with 1 bad injector

08 F250 with a leaking rad and a CAC full of water

06 F250 with coolant contaminated with something thats turned the premium gold to a nice rust looking mixture

09 Sprt trac with a persistant low tire light concern

And I know they'll be more dumped in my lap tomorrow......

Early build 04 F-250. No warranty repairs until this one, at 149,000kms. Getting the "Triple Crown" package of head gaskets, oil & EGR coolers. Cab up and heads are off. Blended repair for customer with ARP studs.

I've got a 2006 also getting the "Triple Crown" in my stall.

I also have a 2006 f250 waiting for a fuel pressure regulator

2005 Excursion with a turbo cleaning and a EBP sensor

2003 Expedition that needs headgaskets and a A/C compressor

2006 F350 that is going to get a bedplate re-seal

Whatever other challenges that come in the door tomorrow...

2003 F-350 that I replaced the FQR engine at 120,000 kms. for a hydrolock, 16 months ago now back at 203,000 kms. for a water pump failure and cylinders #2 and #7 rod bearings wiped out, with the cab in the air (downing my bay) waiting for an approval for replacement which will take 6 to 7 days to arrive if I get the "green light" from Ford.

2008 F-250 growing plants outside waiting for an EGR valve and housing to arrive.

2006 F-350 City Of Toronto truck for an EBP and reflash.

2004 F-350 from an outside garage in for unknown starting issues cold.

And in rolls a 2000 Lincoln LS V8 that sounds louder than a 6.0L diesel cold started in -30 degree temperatures.

• 3 weeks later...

I posted photos of both sides of our shop as of last Thursday. There were 3 6.0 F250's with cabs lifted, 2 for headgaskets and the other for a short block due to the tone ring being loose on the crankshaft. The other one is a cube van that had a leaking EGR cooler and the driver drove it hard until it hydrolocked at 120kph,(trying to blow it up I guess?). Hotline told the tech working on it just to replace the cooler as "those engines are pretty strong". It was started and then, after filling the crankcase with diesel, started to run away, but miraculously quit after only a few seconds of running with the key out of the ignition and the tech running away as he yelled "run away". Upon dropping the pan and finding a broken piston and scored cylinder, an engine was put on order, but will take at least 2 weeks to arrive. Posted ImageI haven't figured out how to add the photos to this posting, so maybe Keith is able to do it from his end. Thanks Keith. Posted Image