Pull up a chair...

Rate this topic

Jim Warman

I went to Ford school a few times with him. He seemed like a pretty good guy. Congrats in getting your masters. Did you end up going to school with focus boy again?

Since I worked for my dad at his shop, I have been at the dealer. I am quite happy to leave it at this point. I will probably return one day as I get behind in my training. I had gone as far as I was going there, no chance to advance.

What's really sad is that you went to Fort Mac when we were looking for techs (and we still are)... You can buy two houses here for what one costs in the Fort... (well, almost).

I've got two flat rate guys right now... both diesel cert...; both good guys... both will be six digits come income tax time... and we ARE a lot closer to the City of Champignons (oops, Champions)....

I was at several classes with Steve... we just seemed to hit it off....mostly because I don't think either one of us enjoyed those gut bombs at Harveys....

Yeah, the average house up here is in the 650,000 range, trailers are 300 or so. I only rent though, 900 a month for 1/2 of a 2 bedroom appt. Cost of living is definatley higher but so are the wages. I should hit 160k a year or so with another 10k in pension contributions.

Steve is a good buddy of mine. We call him "shut up steve" though....he talks a lot....try sitting in a truck with him for 12 hours on the way to the race. Oh the stories that can be told there.

Well thanks for the help fellas. The truck came in to have the oil pan replaced per customer request. Rusted through and they couldn't solder it anymore so we replaced it. Had oil all over. Got it back in all cleaned up drove it and and had a leak. Cleaned it up again and let it sit. No leak take it out and drive it and it leaks. Gonna pull trans tomorrow and take a gander at the rear main. In between all this had to put a new radiator in a 6.4 and then an injector in a 6.0 and man I was never so happy to see a 6.0 haha. Thanks again guys I'll keep truckin and learn and get better and faster(so I'll quit gettin razed but thats part of the territory I know) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rockon.gif

Chris... before you hang everything on a RMS, chcek everything else careful.... rear careful. IMHO, it is rare for one of these RMSs to leak.... and most of the things on a 7.3 that leak will look like a rear seal....

TheHPOP fittings, turbo pedestal and the EBV seal will pool in the valley and then come down the rear of the block.... Watch out for the oil gallery plugs in the ends of the cylinder heads, too....

Well Jim you were right... the top of the engine was dry. Pulled trans clutch and flywheel and found a small hole where the oil was coming from through the new rtv that was laid. So cut some of the rtv out and put new in took a brass punch and knocked it up a little bit to seal it up. Put it back together test drove re checked all ok. All in all still sucked but a lesson learned for sure

A long, long time ago... someone brought me an old, old tractor... The engine front cover was leaking oil badly and the only way to replace the gasket would be to split the tractor in half... something I didn't have time for and the customer didn't have money for...

I cleaned up the area as well as I could and then (after plugging various holes and breathers) I used my shop vac to put the crankcase under vacuum and laid a bead of silicon across the affected area.... Not my idea of a proper repair... but sometimes you have to "ad lib"...