trailer fault

Rate this topic

ok i'v seen this happen on 2 trucks so far and i was wondering if anyone could help me out.. when just daily driving around, out of nowhere the trailer fault will show up on the dash board.. wtf.. whats causing it to do that when im not even towing anything..???

A fault with the system itself will cause a TBC fault and an error message on the instrument cluster. Wiring faults and the pressure sensor on the master cylinder are the most common problems on the truck side of the system. We don't see a lot of problems with this system though.

Moisture and/or green death in the trailer plug (the plug also separates from the harness via a connector at the plug) can trigger TBC fault messages. The auxillary brake module (trailer brake controller) can also store DTCs.

Moisture and/or green death in the trailer plug (the plug also separates from the harness via a connector at the plug) can trigger TBC fault messages. The auxillary brake module (trailer brake controller) can also store DTCs.

+1

see more corroded connectors causing this.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif

Originally Posted By: LARRYATSTI
Silicone brake grease is good, but I think that Dielectric grease is better for these connectors.

From Motorcraft it's the same stuff...

I remember the first time i saw that. "What...the....fu...?" haha /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

But don't forget the Escape abs connector recall 'Electrical Grease'

Larry.... it's Motorcraft Electrical Grease II, XG-15-A. This stuff is about $80 per tube here in the great white north and we can't recover the cost of this from Ford (which, I think, is the reason I "can't" get it).

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gifJim I have looked extensively, with no avail.

What I did come up with is:

XG-6 Silicone heat transfer compound

XG-3A Brake grease and Dielectric

XG-12 Electrical grease

http://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/supplier/category.asp?select=%5BGreases%5D

Unless this is something new????

I just called my motorcraft rep and he is going to check on it. Stay tuned...

Motorcraft Electrical Grease II XG-15-A

I looked at the tube we have, the compound is white as opposed to the clear dielectric grease. It obviously is a different compound. The tube we have stays in the parts department and is used as needed and returned. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

XG-12 Electrical grease is the stuff I use. Good stuff. I have used this electrical grease for years. Prevents oxidation and corrosion of electrical terminals.

Looks like KY jelly. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif mmmm gooood stuuuff. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif