Help Duramax

Rate this topic

We are extending the Duramax PMD harness, and are in need of a connector. What I have is a harness with the WPT733 male connector and need the female version of it. Delphi connector 6 pin flat oval male with female pins, need the mate for it. Any ideas?????? The Motorcraft pigtail catalog only shows the WPT733.

hey larry

Got a pic?

The 6.6 duramax has a pmd?

If you go to Kennedydiesel.com, I'm sure he'd have just about any plug for a GM diesel.

They sell a PMD/FSD extension harness for the 6.5, along with the cooler for the fuel solenoid driver if you need one.

I think he meant the 6.5L, and Larry when you find out the numbers let me know what you want for a harness /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif

Sounds like those dam Mexican harness bandito's got to GM too! Now i don't feel too bad when working on a F650 with a harness about 3 feet too short.

Oops sorry it is the 6.5. It's for one we have here at the shop. We are going to start making up the harness's for sale. I'll be damned if I will pay what some of these places want for the harness's. Anywhere from 75-100 dollars. Kiss my ass I figure once I find the pieces and make them up I should have about 4-5 dollars into them. I think I found a supplier locally over the weekend, will find out today.

Have you guys seen a need to extend it that far? We see a lot of failures when it is mounted on the pump, but of the pickups with the driver mounted on a heat-sink on top of the manifold I can only recall seeing one fail. I have heard that some of the "hot rod" 6.5L guys like to put it in odd places, but I just have not found it necessary.

We used to use the original harness and do the job without removing the intake manifold. I had only seen one that apparantly had the pump replaced and the harness was routed the wrong way around the injector lines and would not rach to the new location, so the manifold had to come off. However, I understand that recently the warranty is only good on the ne driver if the harness is replaced: off with the intake!

Hummer H1 is a different story; not much room, the driver has to go remote.

I have mine mounted on the heat sink on top of the intake but I wouldn't mind moving it a little further from the heat of the engine, as far as failures when it's mounted to the heat sink, I've seen about 5 but all due to the retaining bolts coming loose and the module not being able to dissipate the heat.

We are extending the Duramax PMD harness, and are in need of a connector. What I have is a harness with the WPT733 male connector and need the female version of it. Delphi connector 6 pin flat oval male with female pins, need the mate for it. Any ideas?????? The Motorcraft pigtail catalog only shows the WPT733.

Right what a PMD??? I'm a Ford guy

Same as IDM drives the injection. More like a friggin Ford Ignition module,that everybody hated until we got the thinner sockets out their on gassers back in the day. Would run until hot shut down and run again when cold. GM had the same problem with theirs. Chrysler on the other hand had Hall-effect sensors and ballast resistors( Remember them Jim ).

Guess my old age is starting to show lol I had my fair share of those ballast resistors back in the day....... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif