Injector nut missing.

Rate this topic

Had #7 injector that required replacement on an 04 F today. Found the nut missing off the injector. How likely is this little guy to get sucked up into the pump? The customer does not want to spend the extra coin to drop the pan and hunt around for it, and I can't really say as if I blame him. As per hotline, he tells me that it WILL go through the pump screen. I fished around in the pan with a bendy magnet while i was changing the oil, and strained the oil as it came out, but was unable to find the piece. Flushed a couple litres through the head to see if i could dislodge it, still nothing.

The last 6.0 I had the pan off of was an 06, and the pickup screen was REAL small. REAL REAL small, not like the one you can fire small children through I have seen on other motors.

It might be cheeper on the customer to go ahead and get it out. I had one break a rocker arm a while back and the little pivot and keeper was missing from the end of the rocker. It showed up a few weeks later,busted front cover and oil pump, so i now always pull them down till i find the pieces if all possible.It was a 05 and those pieces are bigger than those injector nuts.Either way it sucks for the customer and you wondering.I'd say it's just a matter of time in my opinion.

It won't fit through. I added a picture to the Photo section showing the nut laying on the screen. Personally, I have only had roller rocker needle bearings pass and wipe out the pump. Hope this helps ya.