An idea...

Rate this topic

Alex Bruene

Perhaps we should have a forum dedicated to the things we read on those "public" forums...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got to Engine City Tech, a diesel tech school , and in class we were talking about brakes and stuff. Then my instructor said that if you have left over brake fluid but only from a freshly open bottle, you can put it in your diesel tank. I callEd him crazy. Ive never heard of that. He said since the brake fluid absorbs moisture, it' ll act like a water seperator. I dont know, what do you guys think about it? I dont know if I should give it a whirl.

Oh sure, like there would be enough material available for a separate forum! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Just kidding, of course. I simply haven't had the time to browse the public stuff and would appreciate seeing some of the more entertaining threads.

How too make my baby billow black sunshine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, Im new to the forum and didnt want to bother anyone by asking a question but i could find any previous posts about how to get my 06 6.0 to billow out black smoke. What kind of upgrades can i do to get this? Im 20 and this is my first of hopfully many diesel trucks; so im new to the engine upgrades and would greatly appreciate any help. Im kind of on a budget because construction is so slow but would love to hear any suggestions of what i should or can do to achive the smoke. Thanks again

Quote:
Ok, Im new to the forum and didnt want to bother anyone by asking a question but i could find any previous posts about how to get my 06 6.0 to billow out black smoke. What kind of upgrades can i do to get this? Im 20 and this is my first of hopfully many diesel trucks; so im new to the engine upgrades and would greatly appreciate any help. Im kind of on a budget because construction is so slow but would love to hear any suggestions of what i should or can do to achive the smoke. Thanks again

Mix 10 gallons of diesel fuel with 10 gallons of gasoline. Wrap a sock onto an 8-foot stick and staple it securely. Dip the sock end into the fuel mixture and set aside. Open hood and liberally pour the mixture over the engine compartment, the cab, the tires and some in the bed for good measure. With a cigarette lighter, light the sock end of the 8-foot stick. holding the stick out in front of you, carefully walk toward the truck. Within minutes you should have more than enough black smoke billowing from the truck to delight any truck fan!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/flamethrower.gif

With a cigarette lighter, light the sock end of the 8-foot stick. holding the stick out in front of you, carefully walk toward the truck. Within minutes you should have more than enough black smoke billowing from the truck to delight any truck fan!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif ROFL!

I got into arguing simply because somebody is saying that it's safe to disconnect 7.3 fuel injectors while the engine is running... and that fuel injectors will not cause a no start cold on a 7.3.

Quote:

Very common? Gee, wonder why I have never heard of that before, in all my time on this forum????
Jim T.*48* SLAPS Co-Founder, 30.8 yrs RETIRED UAW 6/01/06, Now a full time Technician in the MOANG 12/10/07 My pics! and my New'03 Dually pics!, Charcoal Grey, Black and Grey interior, Black leather seats, Van Turbo/ATS ported housing/WW, Quad "A" pillar pod with Carbon Fiber series AUTO METER Gauges, FUMOTO Valve. BTS BUBBA" /TS 4pos chip, 4" Turbo back straight pipe/stainless 5" tip 131st F/W St.Louis MoAirNatlGuard We're losing the F-15s. BUT BEING HANDED THE KEYS TO THE B-2 BOMBERS at WHITMAN AFB, Near Kansas City, MO.!! We are Lindburghs OWN! Suffering from *PMS,, "Powerstroke mod syndrome"

What a fucking douchebag.

Alexb = Qualifications
That tim guy = wiener, just like Ralph.

"In all my time on this forum"

Like the forum is the be-all and end-all. Even the fuckin FORD guys get trained there!

I think I have a new hobby now... thank god, cause the guitar hero was killing my hands!

Here's another one from our friends at TDS...

"if you are using Amsoil in your 6.0 I will be happy to inform you, I have oil samples of 6.0 engines that have oil samples with 22,000 miles and the oil was still good for continued use. the oil sample is your oil change reciept if you have any engine issues.

the dealer cant tell you a word on the subject.

I personally have run the 5w30 HDD over 40,000 miles without a change and have the oil sample to prove it.

dont let others that have no experience on the subject sway you with opinions.

Amsoil makes the best products on the market period."

on edit: quoting TDS