09B08

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

I have had the honor of breaking BOTH plastic tubes! I have much respect for them now.

As for the recall and the add on pump, you can get M-time as needed for aftermarket/add on equipment. As per the recall instructions (as always) you need to call the support center as listed in the recall, describe what you need to do and make separate time clock punches for the actual time. THEN you call them back to tell them the times and get an approval code, dollar amount, and operation code. I was paid an extra 2.5 for accessing the shroud, fan, stator, belt and bracket. It is a fair deal.

The recall only affects injectors installed in the indicated vehicles as far as I know. I think it would much harder to track serviced injectors. as of today the ordering restrictions have been released: "The purpose of this update is to inform dealers that service parts are now available for open ordering."

According to the folks from international ford is actually extremely good for keeping track of what goes where and which injectors go in each hole. As soon as a claim is through and PAID by ford motor company the info is sent to interantional to track the injectors. But if the claim is denied of retail too bad so sad there is no way to know what went where.

Hmmm. I don't think that is even possible. I just performed a recall requiring all 8 injectors. They have absolutely no way of tracking which cylinder any given injector is installed and I can't even gaurnatee you that the used part (core) goes into the same box the new injector came out of. Can you? they may be good at tracking what went in at the factory but after that? He he!