Good news

Rate this topic

LARRY BRUDZYNSKI

Looks like a nice neat package. I cant wait to do the training on this direct injection. I am curious as to how it works and the commonalities it may have with diesel injection systems. Thanx for the nice pics Mr. Amacker! Posted Image

Direct injection? Turbocharger? Sounds farmilliar. Posted Image

It looks like an import, but only better! Posted Image

I hope they sell a ton of those cars and that really is good news about ford re-opening an engine plant in the US.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Earlier this week our dealer had the Ford dog and pony show in for a promotional event while we had a service customer event. They brought in a new Taurus SHO and had it on display along with the Fusion hybrid and a 2010 Mustang. The sales managers and the dealer owner got to take it out for a beating but I didn't ask how it was. I did get to look it over and feel it up later. Nice car! The engine did not look to be stuffed in there too badly as I could see the firewall and the turbos from the top though they won't be accessed from there I assure you.

They are going to sell a TON of these. I would buy one, im going to tell my parents to buy one. I'm not big on sedans, but I would buy one in a heartbeat. If they make the SHO an awesome vehicle i beat they will get into the younger demographic. I saw more 18-25yr olds bringing in SHO's to the dealership when i worked there.

Quote:
Anybody heard what kinda fuel pressure these things are gonna run?

Got some new info out on these, fuel pressure is gonna be up to 2175 psi. The high pressure pump is engine mounted and driven off a dedicated cam lobe.

The turbo wastegates are solenoid controlled similar to the 7.3l.

Uses the new style oxygen sensors, which measures air/fuel ratio thru current output of the PCM and not from the measurement of the oxygen by the sensor.