08-11-03 REWRITE

Rate this topic

kridd12

I just got back from a meeting with a bunch of ford motor company people. They are re-writing tsb 08-11-03 to include changine the oil cooler everytime you change egr cooler, but now there's going to be a catch. You will need maint records for the vehicle showing proper oil changes and coolant change. They are blaming sludgey oil and bad coolant as causes of oil cooler plugging off which is fair in some cases, but the catch is they say the plugged oil cooler is causin the egr cooler to "super heat" the coolant causing cavitaion wrecking the head gaskets??? All I have to say is WTF!!

Hmmm, letssssss seeeeeeeeeee, they installed 100,000 mile coolant in the engines at the factory, aaaaaaaaand the warranty is 100,000 miles... how does maintenance come into play? Since the common denominator in this equation is COOLANT and not oil I have a hard time seeing oil as a legitimate issue. Yeah, This is going to go over well.

You're telling me.. I don't know how that's going to go over on the customer's side. There is no way in hell that a court case is going to be won by Ford Motor Company. It's a way of dumping this all on the dealers lap. Just sounds like a ball of happy fun time!

Hmmm, letssssss seeeeeeeeeee, they installed 100,000 mile coolant in the engines at the factory, aaaaaaaaand the warranty is 100,000 miles... how does maintenance come into play?

That is exactly what I was thinking.

Me arss cheeks are puckering already. Better stock up some Prep-H! I just don't see how they pull this crap off when there is too much small print information in the owners manual that can actually hang Ford on this. Sick-0's were at 8,000km oil change intervals and 6.4L's at 16,000km's if I remember correctly. And as Keith said, the coolant interval should be good enough till these beasts are off of warranty. Man, these bean counters or warranty Nazi's are grasping at straws.

12,500 I thought on the max for the 6.4 oil change interval?

Since my owner's manual is still carefully wrapped in it's original packaging.... Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...