7.3L injectors

Rate this topic

I service a fleet of ambulances and use only Aliant injectors because I have had many issues in the past with remans from many vendors. I don't have time to do something twice and I can't beat the price for the Aliant injectors. I have a 100% satisfaction rating with the Aliants. I have had remans where the oil side is so worn they won't fire at idle but are perfect at WOT.

My vote is Aliant for sure.

So far Strong support for Alliant's

The trucks a 2001 If I'm reading correctly I would need

7- AP60803AD

1- AP60803AE (#8 cackle)

I also found this Pensacola Diesel kit, hard to argue with the kit price but I have no experience with them. any input on this company?

Read the page carefully they are selling you reman injectors with Alliant part numbers. Dave be careful....They are my competitor but have a bad rep for warranty if needed. It takes a long time to get paid from them. They advertise on EBAY and there is a reason for that....(quick sales) I'm not trying to push it but look for a company that looks out for the guys running these trucks and using their products everyday. We sell the Alliants and also build out own for the guys looking to get a better priced alternative. We use Western turbo and injection out of Winnipeg for our solenoids on the HEUI injectors. So far they have been awesome and no questions asked on the few warranties that we have had. Alliants 1 warranty per 1000 on average. New is the way to go if you can afford it for your personnal vehicle.

PENSACOLA DIESELS WARRANTY, JUST A LITTLE BIT FROM THEM....

NOTE: WE HAVE DETERMINED THE USE OF ALTERNATIVE FUELS IS DAMAGING TO THE FUEL SYSTEM. THE USE OF ANY BIO DIESEL OR ANY OTHER ALTERNATIVE FUEL VOIDS ALL WARRANTIES.

ALL PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS CARRY A 90 DAY WARRANTY, NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN ON INSTALLED PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS , EXCHANGE ONLY.

ALL PMD (D-TECH PUMP MOUNTED DRIVER) CARRY A 90 DAY WARRANTY.

NOTE- DUE TO THE INCREASE IN CUSTOMERS USING ALTERNATIVE FUELS ,ANY INJECTOR OR PUMP THAT WAS PURCHASED OVER 90 DAYS AGO WILL HAVE TO RETURNED FOR WARRANTY. NO EXCEPTIONS

NOTE- VP44 PUMP WARRANTY IS VOID IF PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS ARE ADDED, SUCH AS EDGE OR QUADZILLA. IT WILL CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE PSG.

NOW,

By the way fuel use has no implications to warranty....(This is Pensacola's out, for warranty consideration) If fuel is contaminated that does but most insurance companies do cover fuel contamination. Ask me how I know this....Performance products carry their own warranties, limited as they are and even harder to prove. The insurance companies will still cover most of the failures if related to fuel.

Our warranty is take care of the customer first and worry about the b/s later, if we have to eat one every now and again so be it. But we have made a customer for life and will see them again and again.

Your choice in the end.....

Thanks Larry, It's not my personal truck but it might as well be as VERY VERY few people have ever put a wrench to it besides myself. Price is kinda important on this one so I'm shopping out the best solution while I still have time.

Anyone considered using International rebuilds? I havent been in the field too long, but it doesnt seem like we have any problems with them...

I suppose paying Internationals price isnt what your looking for though.

Ditto for what Larry says about Pensacola Diesel. We recently put a set in that a customer bought and brought to us. In 200 miles it put 6 gallons, not quarts, of fuel in the oil and all they would do is send him another injector and not pay for the labor or future damage to the motor. It also locked up the turbo and they wouldn't pay for that or cleaning the intercooler. They said it a had to have been installed wrong. I plugged two of the fuel feed holes with my fingers and blew air in the other and bubbles came out where the upper injector body fits in the lower body. I called Larry to send it to them to have it checked and the first thing he asked is if it was from Pensacola.

Our FSE said when these engines get this much fuel in the oil it damages the rollers in the lifters and they will eventually fall out and ruin the engine. I guess only time will tell.

Clark, I'm not sure where the Ford packaged rebuilds come from.... but they don't even make decent door stops.... We have lost customers because we were forced to use these in warranty repairs (service part warranty).

Well, I can tell you for sure that Int'l rebuilds would make VERY good door stops, and I havent had any problems with putting them in engines either. Posted Image

Anyone know if the powerstroke injectors are identical to T-444E injectors? I thought the engine horspower ratings might be a little different, maybe something with the injectors. I dont know.

AD AB AE BI their all Heui's and if you putting in Ford or IH they are all coming from the same place in Mexico( HOLA ). Like I stated before remans or new you get what you pay for. We only offer a 6 month warranty on the remans and NO LABOR(LABOUR for Jim). On the other hand we do have the Alliant Power warranty of 13 Months/Unlimited mileage and Labor included. Check out the website sometime, Alliant makes the injectors for Ford and IH, of which is Cat.

www.alliantpower.com

It's worth the look.

AD AB AE BI their all Heui's and if you putting in Ford or IH they are all coming from the same place in Mexico( HOLA ).

So why the lack of complaints on our end? Ive never had a truck with a problem after putting remans in, and ive never heard anything form anyone else.

Any Int'l guys here had injector problems?

Our shop was replacing with Reman and tried a few different suppliers, but we seemed to be doing too many jobs over (indy, so most times we eat labor). Bad all around, customer looses confidence, company is not making money on the second job, no win.

Then we started using Alliants and all of a sudden the trucks started running noticably better. The ones that have good (or even marginal) compression were noticably smoother and more responsive with the new Alliants than they were with any of the remans. They have a great warranty but (IIRC) we have not needed it in a couple years of using their product. Well, Ok not on injectors, anyway. I am remembering that we have had a warranty problem or 2 on other products (we get starters and water pumps from them, also).

I want to side with Clark on this but for the Ford remans... I don't think I have EVER had a bad injector out of the box or fail shortly after being installed. I am sure it happens and I am not saying anyone here is full of it but you guys make it sound like this is an epidemic. Do they all get remanufactured in the same place or are there different shops across the country that handle this?

Our shop was replacing with Reman and tried a few different suppliers, but we seemed to be doing too many jobs over (indy, so most times we eat labor). Bad all around, customer looses confidence, company is not making money on the second job, no win.

Then we started using Alliants and all of a sudden the trucks started running noticably better. The ones that have good (or even marginal) compression were noticably smoother and more responsive with the new Alliants than they were with any of the remans. They have a great warranty but (IIRC) we have not needed it in a couple years of using their product. Well, Ok not on injectors, anyway. I am remembering that we have had a warranty problem or 2 on other products (we get starters and water pumps from them, also).

Bruce is the one that got me reccomending aliant injectors 1. for their reliabillity, 2. for their price.

The Alliants have proven themselves at our shop. Only ever had one fail, it died mechanically after 2 years and they warrantied it. No questions.

I've had to replace remans (both Ford and other) repeatedly, usually after about 6 months to a year due to hard starting and heavy smoke issues when it gets cold out.

The Alliant injectors do make a big difference in the way they run.

So why the lack of complaints on our end? Ive never had a truck with a problem after putting remans in, and ive never heard anything form anyone else.

Any Int'l guys here had injector problems?

I haven't seen any bad remaned injectors either but I have priced Remaned Ford injectors vs BRAND NEW Aliants and from the price list I got from another member here, the Aliants cost far less and have a better warranty. Hard to argue!

On the international side, I have never had a bad one out of the box nor had one fail shortly after. I've been doing these since 1994. We offer a one year warranty parts and labor. Three years ago, our shop tried the alliants, which we get though the local fuel pump shop, only when the customer needs a complete set. They are significantly less than the oem. I have had several of the alliants be bad out of the box and or fail shortly after the repair. I have not installed any of the alliants into a 444, they have all been into the DT466. The 466 injectors have different body codes than the 444.

I would reccomend the alliants. I put a set into my buddy's 94 with 250,000 mi on it and compression was just below 300 psi. It ran like crap and wouldnt start below 50 degrees without being plugged in. I put in a set of alliants and it was like a new engine. It started this winter with out being plugged in at 15 below f. and hadnt been running in 2 weeks. I have put in several full sets and many singles with no trouble at all.