Friday Afternoon Brake Service At SL Ford

Rate this topic

Dwayne... shouldn't be long before you see some REALLY neglectedbrakes... The ones where the rotor looks like a turbo impeller...

Mud season is here...let the fun begin...

Holy crap, How many times did you have to sharpen the chisel to be able to do the brake job????????

Jim/Dwayne I can honestly say that I don't envy either one of you..... Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

From the pictures of what I could see you have a really nice looking shop. When you blast all the schmutz off of the trucks how and where do you put it??????

It usually goes in the dumpster... Depending on the time of year, a transmission R&R may generate up to three wheelbarrow fulls.

It is rare to see a two wheel drive pick up in our area... the usual mud is a big reason why. Our little corner of the oilpatch can be a unique place... And mother nature always makes sure that we have a plentiful supply of undercar work...

Grit in your hair, grit in your eyes and grit in your shorts usually equates to cash in the bank...

Once you get used to it, you will find yourself thinking "My God, I hope they DON'T pave that road...".

And the ironic part is that I just payed for four loads at $50.00 a truck load for dirt to landscape my yard. I think I will just start pulling the wheel barrow up under these things before I start chiseling and save myself some money.

Just out of curiosity do you Gents charge customers for cleaning their trucks so that you can work on them? I think I would lose my cheese if I had to diagnose and pull a trans with it packed with that much muck... or anything else for that matter!

Well the end result was $2400.00, allot of excavation and a wheel barrow full of mud to take home and add to my landscaping. I only chiseled what was at each corner of the truck to access the brake components and all around the diff to access the rear cover to replace the axle seals. That took long enough. If I would have chiseled away at the whole truck I could have probably filed eight wheel barrows.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Originally Posted By: eastendpowerstroke
Ok this gives me an idea for a poll

How many of you guys have a shop wheel barrow?????

Wheelbarrow? We have a shop Bobcat!!!

Thats it? Weve got a shop Bobcat, tractor, and dump truck!

Our shop wheelbarrow is actually a cat 930 wheel loader. We keep to 55 gallon drums on wheels that you shovel the shit into than haul it out back with the wheel loader. Than once every two weeks the pumper truck comes to suck out the floor drain. Granted we are a heavy equipment dealer. If you want a crappy job stop by sometime when a landfill dozer or compactor comes in. Hope you are up on all of your shots!! We have found things in the belly pans of dozers that would make even the toughes guy get a sick belly. I dont envy you guys with the mud up there in the oil patch. Is your mud dirt or clay? we have clay here that turns to concrete when it dries I hope you dont have to deal with that

Probably not. Without much detail: Peoples pets, feminine products, human finger, etc. etc. Its not so much the sight of the things as the woderfual aroma that things have after they have had time to perculate in a nice warm damp place. It is fantastic on a 90 deg humid day. Enough of the gross stuff. I am sorry to hear that you guys are plagued with the concrete clay like we are. We had a very severe flood this year and after it was over the machines and our service trucks were covered in it. Not near as bad as your vehicles appear to be. I had to put a clutch in one of our service trucks afterwards it was a dirty experience. The upside to the clay is that it is great for building dikes to keep the water out.

Speaking of dikes.......

The lesbians down the street got me a Rolex for my birthday....

I think they misunderstood when I said "I wanna watch..."....