low base oil pressure. 04 6.0

Rate this topic

Hmm, I really thought that the high pressure pump would fix it as I have seen it numerous times. But since you did not have a hard start concern I guess that would rule it out. Sounds like you have covered all you bases short of pulling the pan and inspecting the pickup tube. Other than that I do not know.

I suppose it might sound kinda redundant, but at this point I'd seriously consider just changing the oil with something that you *know* is the correct kind of oil, and using a Ford filter/cap while you're at it. It seems like this job has already worked itself into the "non-profitable" section of shop life, so covering your absolute basics right now is never a bad idea.

Just because a customer swears up and down that they used 15w40 doesn't mean that they actually used 15w40. It could be 5w40 for all we know!

Dave

I suppose it might sound kinda redundant, but at this point I'd seriously consider just changing the oil with something that you *know* is the correct kind of oil, and using a Ford filter/cap while you're at it. It seems like this job has already worked itself into the "non-profitable" section of shop life, so covering your absolute basics right now is never a bad idea.

Just because a customer swears up and down that they used 15w40 doesn't mean that they actually used 15w40. It could be 5w40 for all we know!

Dave

thanks for the insite, I did this right away too since it was my exact thoughts.

you guys really dont want to know the direction this job has taken as of late....

Quote:
you guys really dont want to know the direction this job has taken as of late....

This might sum it up.... Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Until you get the info needed from the customer why even keep going??? All this truck is going to do is cost you time and headache Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

well this on is resolved....management got involved and had me pull the engine so "they" could look at it. at this point any decision making I can make is out of my hands. They had me throw a bunch of parts at it. gerotor, oil cooler, standtubes, hpop o-rings and put it back together. some how, some way its fixed, for how long I dont know and I got paid a whole 12hours(slts on customer pay anyone?!?) for all of that(I had a good 2+days messing around listening to what I was told after the engine was out) along with not being credited to actually fixing it Posted Image

on the bright side its out of my stall only to be filled with another basket case

some how, some way its fixed, for how long I dont know and I got paid a whole 12hours(slts on customer pay anyone?!?) for all of that(I had a good 2+days messing around listening to what I was told after the engine was out) along with not being credited to actually fixing it Posted Image

What are you going to do differently, to avoid being put into this same situation again? Believe me, I know exactly how you are feeling. Probably similarly to the way I've been feeling this whole week. Funny "these" kind of vehicles always seem to tie us up when the rest of the shop is busy with gravy work, isn't it?

Originally Posted By: rockbronco
on the bright side its out of my stall only to be filled with another basket case

Glad you got it fixed. As for the "basket ccase", either someone's going to pay, or you won't play, right?

What are you going to do differently, to avoid being put into this same situation again? Believe me, I know exactly how you are feeling. Probably similarly to the way I've been feeling this whole week. Funny "these" kind of vehicles always seem to tie us up when the rest of the shop is busy with gravy work, isn't it?

wow sounds like the very same situation Im dealing with which has actually cost me almost a weeks worth of pay for being jerked around.

my other basket case is a burnt up ZF that well is concidered a recheck since I replaced the oil cooler...yeah how is that related. Im sure Ill be "paying" for that....

Originally Posted By: LARRYATSTI
Quote:
some how, some way its fixed

Theres nothing that looks bad in the pile of old parts????

I double and tripled checked and found nothing. the oil cooler was kinda nasty on the coolant side which is why they have repeat egr cooler failures which the customer was fixing themselves. other than that everything is fine. only thing I can think off was the oil pump or regulator which both spec'd fine when I checked them. so who knows