Ford says 6.0 injectors no longer warranty?

Rate this topic

Fordracer

Has anybody had a Ford warranty rep say that the 6.0 injector never fails and if they do it is from lack of maintenance?

My service manager and warranty clerk went to a meeting in Kansas City today with a warranty rep from Detroit and he said we shouldn't be covering injectors under warranty because it is always the customers fault. They fail either from bad fuel, lack of oil changes or fuel filter changes. He also threatend everybody that if every dealer except your's is denying coverage then your numbers will go up and you will go into a full blown audit. Everybody asked him for his phone number so they can give it to customers when they get pissed off.

I don't know about everybody else but it seems it's always a bad fuel pressure regulator causing low fuel pressure. Even when I replace the filters the pressure is still low until I put a regulator in it.

I haven't heard about injectors not being warranty, but I agree with you about the fuel pressure regulators. It is always either borderline or low fuel pressure because of the regulator, even when you put new parts in,the fuel pressure doesn't go to where I'd like it to be on the high range of the spec. I usually stretch the spring or put a check ball under the spring to raise the pressure up. I also see alot of bad fuel pumps even on customers trucks with perfect maintenance schedules. If a fuel pump or a regulator fails then would the injectors be ok under warranty? Maybe you should just change the casual part from injectors to whatever to get around this latest flaming hoop.

You're Ford rep is a "GREAT BIG FUCKING IDIOT"! If your customers can provide their maintenance records, then there should be no argument. And if you slap Ford's own maintenance interval specs in your Rep's face, he won't even be able to argue the point. Ford is their own worst enemy by increasing and stretching these fuckin maintenance intervals to what they have. Fuck, these injectors have a replacement interval like old fuckin copper spark plugs. Once again, I'm a gonna wait fer sum more opinions. Posted Image

Believe it or not Larry, I wasn't grumpy. Sarcasm is just one of those gifts that I keep on offering free of charge seeing as I have such a stock pile of it in my head.

Quote:
Believe it or not Larry, I wasn't grumpy. Sarcasm is just one of those gifts that I keep on offering free of charge seeing as I have such a stock pile of it in my head

Your just hanging out with Posted Image to much Posted ImagePosted Image