FSAs in other languages

Rate this topic

mchan68

Does anyone here know of where I can access FSAs translated in other languages, more specifically 08B07? I have a guy coming in tomorrow, who speaks Spanish mostly, and I don't feel like trying to explain to him what his truck will do after the reprogram, so if anyone can post a link to the owner letter translated, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hey Mike, Try Google Translate. We use it dealing with some of the european countries that email us. It works pretty well but a little time consuming.

That was my first thought. However, when using an online translator, I've been told that the "translated" version becomes nothing but a useless salads of words that make absolutely no sense. I thought that maybe, the documents would be available in English, French and Spanish, and that I just wasn't aware of how to navigate to the appropriate links to obtain it.

I recall seeing a "Mexican Content" tab somewhere on PTS but I don't see it...

This is why I posted this question. I was kind of hoping one of you fellow US techs would be able to post the contents in Spanish from your fmcdealer site.

For the life of me I could not remember where I saw it, then I went looking. Only the manuals have language options - I looked in a 2008 online manual and there is an option for English, Canadian French and Mexican Spanish. I don't understand the national labels... what is wrong with English, French and Spanish?

Why not contact the FSA help line listed in the FSA notice and ask them directly?

English, Canadian French and Mexican Spanish. I don't understand the national labels... what is wrong with English, French and Spanish?

Because there's just enough difference between the French spoken in France and French spoken in Canada to cause confusion. The same goes for Spanish in Mexico vs. Spain, vs. Cuba vs. the Caribbean, etc. I have a friend who works in the Texas court system and she has translators for every Spanish dialect so there is no confusion in court.

Have you been to England, Australia, New Zealand, or Belize? English is the national language in all of them, but believe me, there will be some comprehension problems on occasion if you go there. In a technical sense it could be VERY confusing. I have a truck tech buddy in Britain who I speak with regularly and I still have to stop him on occasion and ask for an explanation of a term or word he has used.

When I'm in the deep south in the US I can't understand what the hell they're saying, like in Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, etc.....

Posted Image

Brit English: I was riding down the M25 on the way to my barrister's when my lorrie broke down and my mobile was dead. I was having a fa g when a fitter happened by in an artic and said that my gudgeon pin had failed and it was recovery time.

Translation: I was riding down I-75 on the way to my attorney's when my truck broke down and my cell phone was dead. I was having a cigarette when a mechanic happened by in a semi and said that my wrist pin had failed and it was tow truck time.

In the US we have attorneys, in the UK they have barristers and solicitors. One is above the other, like a lower end attorney and a higher end attorney, but I can't remember which.

Now you know why I have to ask my Brit buddy to slow down....

In Australia, it's amusing to see body shop signs. Instead of "Joe's Body and Paint", they read, "Joe's Panel Beating and Spraying". That was fucking funny, and all of them were like that.

Hey Keith- what's the deal? The electronic forum Nazi will let me say fuck but not fa g without the space? The forum Nazi must be gay.....

Posted Image

Actually, there is NO french spoken in Canada.... The language is 'Quebecois' (be sure you pronounce it kebekwah lest you piss off someone that is MORE equal than us fucking blokes) - kind of a pidgin froggie or perhaps "franglaise".

I lived in Montreal in 66-67 (yes, I got to go to Expo 67). You might hear "Checkez mon tire.... j'ai un flat". Perhaps, "Je suis out of gas".

But to call this French? Even Charles deGaulle (bold enough to stand on Canadian soil and utter "Vive Quebec libre....") could be hard for one to comprehend.

Canada's "recent" history (60s and 70s) is fairly colourful.... Check out what history has to say about Pierre LaPorte, the October Crisis, la Front de Liberation du Quebec.

To show you the depths of depravity that Liberalism can stoop to.... If youy were to move to "la Belle Province" and open a store - a store that sold books... and ONLY books written in English, you would not be allowed to have a sign on the front of your store proclaiming "English Book Store". No - by law, your sign must read "Les Livrets en Anglaise".

Gosh.... I hope I don't sound bitter.....

Bruce.... before you got that far, you would have had to open the bonnet and lean over the front wing.... Perhaps you might have found a spanner or some other tools in the boot, but if it is time for a break down lorry, then it is time for a break down lorry.

The gudgeon pin reference is particularly priceless because this is the MAJOR stumbling block for a fucking colonist.

However,had you been travelling to your solicitors in your shooting brake, you would have been going to meet him for a hunting trip.... Had it been an estate car, your hunting party might have been smaller, but the estate car would have sufficed to some degree....

Now... if you had a flat tyre...... TYRE ..... it should have been easy. However, an offside flat is preferential because you would be away from the traffic.... A near side flat would have you ever so close to all that traffic whizzing by...

Were you a little ofay (a bit of a right poof), you might have said that you were 'avin' an 'arry rag and waitin' for your mate to get a leg up on yer.... but that is nothing less than crude and would upset any homophobes named Jim.

While those of us from old Blighty might have some terms that leave you Yanks shakin' yer 'eads... I am never ceased to be amused by Americas constant fauxs pas.

THEN and THAN are always amusing.... try to convince a Yank that there is a vast difference between the statement "I would rather have dinner THEN give him a blow job" and "I would rather have dinner THAN give him a blow job".

One would expect nothing less from those that would have elevenses at ten (morning coffee or tea break)and wouldn't have the foggiest about high tea.

Additionally, the M25 is a ring road around London. It would be odd that anyone in the know would be on the M25 because we all know that the only good thing coming out of London is the road to Yorkshire.....

Anyway.... I am back from a trip to the city (Edmonton - not London) and I am about to return to my rightful position.... a burr under Kenny's saddle.

Ayup, lads.... ahm a rahght owd git....

EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! Did you know that more money is spent on AIDS research for asshole bandits than is spent on Crohns research for heterosexuals?

If !?@#%! would stop doing a lot of the things they are doing... but who am I to judge. I been swappin' spit with the same woman for over 36 years. Yeah, she be gettin' long in the tooth... I ain't no spring chicken either.... But two things come to mind....

We don't swap sex partners more often than we change our underwear..... And we don'tfeel the need to inject ourselves with wierd shit (and shared needles) because we are at "odds with our sexuality".

Old fashioned ain't a bad thing to be.....

Brad... I think that was "soup" Nazi.....

When I'm in the deep south in the US I can't understand what the hell they're saying, like in Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, etc.....

Posted Image

It is much more difficult for us to understand what y'all are saying when you're talking, ya gotta slow it down when you cross the Mason-Dixon.

Damn yankees Posted Image

Jim: Good story, much more than I could pull from the top of my head.

Brad: I did a class in rural NC and could not understand a word the techs were saying between themselves. It was funny to see how they treated a Yankee- when they spoke to me, they turned their heads to me as if I were deaf and spoooookkkke veeeerrrrryyyyy slllloooooowwwwwlllllyyyyy. There were a few times when I still could not understand the speaker and another tech would "chime in" as an interpreter.

I know a trainer from Tennessee that bought a voice recognition program for automatically typing as he spoke. What a disaster that was!

Posted Image

For those of you who don't know....yankees come to the South for a visit, damn yankees come to the South and stay.

What should we call a Good ole' boy that moves to the north???

Posted Image

Somebody told me this not so long ago......I think it was "big dumb redneck hillbilly mountain men"