R.I.P.

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

I feel asleep on the couch at 5pm.....i got woken up to micheal jacksons "beat it" video on VH1 with a caption underneath stating he passed away.

I was never really into his music but i admired what he went through and his successful career as being the biggest pop star ever. I didn't think it would phase me, but thats crazy.

R.I.P. Farrah and MJ

Turns out that the cause of death was actually food poisoning. He ate a 12 year old weiner.

Hey-o!!!!!

Ok ok ok, but seriously folks, he's not going to be cremated, seeing as he's 90% plastic anyway. Instead, he'll be melted down into lego's so kids can play with him for a change.

BA-ZING!!

You're took kind, too kind..

...seriously though, Michael Jackson has written some of (and been a part of) the most influential music of the last 30 years, there's no doubt about that. Hell, Van Halen wouldn't have made it out of a garage if it weren't for him. It's a shame that his music and performances were overshadowed by his obscure lifestyle choices. It's hard to gauge just how guilty the dude was, but he certainly put himself in a position to be criticized so it's hard to feel too sorry for the guy. Still a shame that he's dead though.

My father actually recorded/engineered a couple songs for him back when he was working for Motown, I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet but I'm sure he'll have some interesting stories for me, lol...

Dave

Proof that a cute black kid can turn into an old white woman...

Many great artists are borderline psychos, anyway..... nobody really knows what makes one man a fudge-packer and another man a homophobe, but shit going on between consenting adults can be ignored or overlooked as long as they don't wave it in your face like a matador waving a red cape.... When it involves little kids, I really don't give a rats ass about how revolutionary your music is.

Now... before I get that "innocent until proven guilty, shit" - would you have let your tykes go to his house for a sleep-over?

That "baby-dangling" incident couldn't have helped his popopularity much.

......are any of you sick of hearing all his songs on every friggin' radio station, television channels, and every other possible media outlet yet?

That "baby-dangling" incident couldn't have helped his popopularity much.

......are any of you sick of hearing all his songs on every friggin' radio station, television channels, and every other possible media outlet yet?

For a long, long time, news of celebrity deaths really didn't make that much of an impact on me. Mostly because I was behind that generation...

But, especially in this decade, that really seems to be changing. It seems that the deaths are hittimg closer and closer to home. With MJ, I was old enough to jam with MTV when it first came on the air. I remember seeing Ed and Farrah on television. Phil Hartman from, among many other things, the Simpsons. David Carridine from Kung Fu. Dom Deluise. Paul "The rest of the story" Harvey. Cheap Trick. Nirvana.

I even recognize names in the local newspaper obituary column.

Feels almost like I'm in the line of little metal ducks at the county fair, and patrons are taking pot shots at us...

I think that it's tough because my family has shrunk so much in the last decade...

I donno.. Guess it's inevitable that the longer I live, the more people I'll see die...

While Billy was an irritating bastuhd (I gotta mention the ChamWow idiot, too), the lack of negative press indicates that he could, at least, keep his pants on when little kids are around.

I can't say that I will mourn his passing, but that carnival hype advertising style is a brutal social commentary on todays modern world... are we so gullible? If we are, I'll double your order but we can't do this all day....

Late night TV without Billys unpleasant voice reminding me it is time to go to the bathroom???