'05 E-450 Engine Harness

Rate this topic

mchan68

Can anybody help me identify the correct engine harness to order for this piece of turd on wheels? Vehicle is a 2005 E-450 VIN# 1FDXE45P05HA22159. It lists either 4C2Z-12B637-LA or 5C2Z-12B637-SA as possible choices, dependent on the Navistar ID tag#. I can't seem to locate an ID tag on this vehicle anywhere, at least not anywhere that would make sense.

Well, we ordered the 4C2Z-LA harness that arrived this afternoon. It was wrong Posted Image

This harness appears to have wiring for the EGR throttle plate (which no 2005 to 2007 model year 6.0L has). I guess that leaves 5C2Z-SA as the correct one by default.

Just as a brainfart, the only two variations that come to my mind, are the EGR throttle plate (or lack of) and the main B+ junction behind the GPCM which 2006 and newer E-Series no longer have, if I remember right. Aaron, you ran into this issue awhile back if I remembered, correct?

Yeah, but I'll be damned if I can remember which one was the right fit, or what the specific difference was, aside from the two things you have already mentioned.

I try to block all Econoline repairs from my mind. Posted Image

I try to block all Econoline repairs from my mind. Posted Image

Unfortunately I don't have that luxury for the moment, seeing as how I have this pig tying up my bay minus a harness while all the other "shit" that's in for me is beginning to pile up outside.