6.4L DPF Delete Warning Letter

Rate this topic

The letter is, in my opinion, an attempt to disuade customers from pursuing modifcations to their vehicles that may put us (the store) further under the warranty microscope without alienating them (the guy with the cash)... When push comes to shove, we will revert to prostitution because we want that money and we don't want the hooker.... errrmmmm, I meant mechanic... down the street to get it. Dangle that buck in nearly anyones face.... and some attitudes can change quickly.

This is a very fine balancing act - one that usually heads south somewhere along the trail - one that may have us see a "test case" in my lifetime as the impetus towards reduced tailpipe and evaporative emissions continues.

Adam is a lot more mod friendly than I am.... his youth and lack of familiarity with history earns him forgiveness (Yussuf Islam once wrote "you're still young, that's your fault..." and backed it up with "I was once as you are now...").

I too applaud the letter though it's spirit is in question...

What is needed... people to step up to the plate.... those that will dare to speak of the environment as a non-renewable resource...

Sidebar... while I am comfortable, I will never be rich in the monetary sense of the word.... there are some things that I refuse to do "for a buck"...

I look around and I see words like "honesty" - "integrity" - "responsible" - and even "good corporate citizen".... And I gotta think "Don't eat that, Elmer... it's already been through the bull once...".

But the letter? It's message is still nothing more, nor anything less, than the truth.... If it keeps us from being forced into an unattractive or untenable position, it has done at least what was intended... If it keeps a daily driver from exceeding emissions allowances - it will have succeeded beyond ones wildest dreams.

OK... so I took some time to read into the rest of the thread... almost makes me want to take a shower....

A guy called 1tonpower (ooooh, what a sexy fucking name... "I don't have a real life so I will identify with a pile of metal and plastic... and you can just feel another sidebar coming up,. can't you) has an avatar line that says "serving our country" ... and then he says we should get into creative writing... I didn't realize serving our country meant the same thing as fucking over our country.

Anyway.... these guys get all bonerific about a fucking truck. Viewing some of these names reminded me of a recent conversation with a friend that owns a gas competiton rail car. Our local A&W had a "car show" with the evenings profits going to a well known charity... Rick and I hadn't talked for a long time and my loving bride asked where his car was... we explained to her what the aluminum bodywork looks like after the car has flexed a few times and, it seems like we rehearsed it... we both said "it's only a machine"....

You ain't never going to reason with anyone that considers his truck as "part of the family"...

The whole point of this post, was that I noticed the letter in the post was written on Slave Lake Ford letterhead, so I figured either Jim, Dwayne or Adam might've known who the poster was. Even more interesting was the varying views that were expressed in that particular thread. I was thinking it would open some of our eyes regarding the attitudes of some of our customers towards us.

I was thinking it would open some of our eyes regarding the attitudes of some of our customers towards us.

Yes and No....Keep in mind that these "people" on the other Forum are the ones that keep sooping up their trucks and not realizing or caring about the eventual outcome of their actions. There is a reason why these A/M goodies are marked "For Off Road Use Only". You build them to break them.....

The whole point of this post, was that I noticed the letter in the post was written on Slave Lake Ford letterhead, so I figured either Jim, Dwayne or Adam might've known who the poster was. Even more interesting was the varying views that were expressed in that particular thread. I was thinking it would open some of our eyes regarding the attitudes of some of our customers towards us.

I can't say it has opened my eyes as I am well aware of the attitudes of the MOD CROWD out there but the post does affirm my observations. I am not sure what SL Ford intends that letter to do concerning the situation in light of the fact that Ford with it's many warnings and proclamations seemingly fails to make any attempt to detect modifications or enforce the policy regarding them. Unless the shit is still bolted onto the truck Ford turns a blind eye and deaf ear. I suppose that SL Ford is attempting to prevent themselves from getting caught in the middle?

That letter was sent to us by Ford and I remember Kenny passing it around the shop for us all to read. You know, just for some update info.

But I think that Kenny should have left it in it's original format with all the Ford headers or titles on it instead of putting our dealerships name on it. Kenny was thinking that this letter would help deter customers from modifying their trucks. But, if you have a small dick, you will stop at nothing to have a cock pump even you are warned about all the side effects.

But, if you have a small dick, you will stop at nothing to have a cock pump even you are warned about all the side effects.

I hope for your sake, this isn't the voice of experience talking! Posted Image

There are side effects????????

I don't know about the tuners but working with Jim must have side effects as evident by this statement;

Quote:
But, if you have a small dick, you will stop at nothing to have a cock pump even you are warned about all the side effects."

For a second I thought Jim snuck onto Dwayne's computer... Posted Image

Well Jim it is HIS truck. Posted Image Shouldn't HE be able to do what ever HE wants to do with it?

Well... yes indeedy, he can do just that..... but he needs a way to be sure that he isn't breathing MY clean air and forcing me to breath HIS foul air...

There are those of us that are trying desparately to assure future generations will assume the custodianship of a viable ecosystem... and there are those of us that figure I can just go fuck myself... as long as some of us follow the rules - they don't have to...

He can modify his ride all he wants.... and, before he cruises the world day in and day out with it - he should ask the rest of us how we feel about clean air for our kids.

Originally Posted By: Keith Browning
Well Jim it is HIS truck. Posted Image Shouldn't HE be able to do what ever HE wants to do with it?

Well... yes indeedy, he can do just that..... but he needs a way to be sure that he isn't breathing MY clean air and forcing me to breath HIS foul air...

There are those of us that are trying desparately to assure future generations will assume the custodianship of a viable ecosystem... and there are those of us that figure I can just go fuck myself... as long as some of us follow the rules - they don't have to...

He can modify his ride all he wants.... and, before he cruises the world day in and day out with it - he should ask the rest of us how we feel about clean air for our kids.

For a guy that chain smoked most of his life Jim sure like his "clean air" Posted Image