Warrantyclaims returned?

Rate this topic

cbriggs

Ford told us we could not flag the glow plug diag here in Texas, because we don't need glow plugs in the middle of summer.

So, the next diesel I worked on for a MIL light on with glow plug codes. In my story I put " took wild guess and replaced glow plug module".

Next thing you know I'm in the office getting chewed out.

Try "parts 'till it starts".

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is that what comes in the door is not something we can control and the failures that fill our service bays are the sole responsibility of Ford Motor Company for producing a defect-laden product. I say submit the claims and fight them tooth and nail on every one they reject. CALL THEM ON IT! If you are doing your job and the paperwork is correct should you win. It is however up to us to be sure that we are properly diagnosing and repairing these trucks following the guidelines and procedures in the first place.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Keith, You hit that one on the head.....Do your job and cross the t's and dot the i's where your supposed to and you will win. Keep fighting guy's Posted Image

I agree with Kieth as well. If i screw up my story and get labour bounced thats one thing. But when very commonly performed labour ops are getting kicked with the excuse "rarely claimed labour op" , when we all know thats crap, i take offence to it. Do they thing were stupid?

Or do they have a set of dice with kickback reasons on it.... lets give this one a roll.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey since ford broke away from the low icp TSB Have any of you guys see the broken down high pressure system SLTS'S for the 6.0 diesels? Lists air pressure test and under valve cover test. Aren't these the same tests? Obviously know about the air pressure test, but what's the deal with the under valve cover test? Emailed SLTS and all i got back was what's the engine size.... Thanks in advance guys!

Do they thing were stupid?

Nope not stupid, they want to see how persistent you are to get the claim approved. Remember they have the certs on what your trained in. It's their little "insurance adjuster mindset" they have been trained in. The "people" at FOMOCO going thru these claims are taught to reject the claims unless it is perfect.

Hell anyone remember when I went to apply with the parts help center? Jim even wrote me a recommendation letter(By the way I still have it, Still thank you Jim). The people hired there have almost no Ford experience. I had more knowledge than the "gentleman" that interviewed me. I had the job other than the less than acceptable pay scale. It's pretty sad that they have people helping out the dealers and have very little experience.

I'm glad I'm here to help YOU guys when I can. I don't need to make more money to be helpful, it makes me feel good inside and that's enough for me. Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Had a claim bounced for a rattle. Trim guy said he put flock tape under the rattling part. Ford said flock tape was not a supported repair. Called warranty and gave them the section and page number in the wsm for them to review. Said flock tape came in the official Ford squeak and rattle kit. All this for a whopping .5 or so. But they did pay.

Their new trick is to just reduce the labour and then let it go thru, then yer fucked. I had a low power concern on an 06, test drove and cofirmed, no obvious visible problems, performed diag sheet, low boost was cause. Everything else ok so i smoke tested intake system. Found a crack in the plastic cac tube under the air filter on the bottom side. They deleted all my diag time saying a leaking cac tube should be caught on initial inspection. I had 1.4 or something in it and they punted it to .5 for visual inspect and cac tube re and re. Bullshit, so i told service manager the customer can pay the rest, I like my job, but not enough to do it for charity.

Third attemtp on this one , i performed tsb 5-19-12 on 05 f350 which had a exhaust moan/droan vibration at 2000rpm, so installed the turbo a brace(5c3z-6n639-ba)and actually solved my concern.Now they want the A-brace back at waranty for inspection but i 'm trying to tell them that there was no a brace before , it is an extra new part we are installing per tsb and told them to read tsb.So now I,m on the phone and talking to someone that has no fu#$@% clue what he's talking about or technical experience.All he,s saying is that i need to retun the 6n639 part back so we can get paid.What the hell is going on overthere?

Did the Nazi even speak clear English? I wonder if Ford is subletting The warranty reviews over to Saudi Arabia just like telemarketers do. Oh Fuck! Now that I've said it, They'll probably get some crazy ass ideas.

Third attemtp on this one , i performed tsb 5-19-12 on 05 f350 which had a exhaust moan/droan vibration at 2000rpm, so installed the turbo a brace(5c3z-6n639-ba)and actually solved my concern.Now they want the A-brace back at waranty for inspection but i 'm trying to tell them that there was no a brace before , it is an extra new part we are installing per tsb and told them to read tsb.So now I,m on the phone and talking to someone that has no fu#$@% clue what he's talking about or technical experience.All he,s saying is that i need to retun the 6n639 part back so we can get paid.What the hell is going on overthere?

How soon before they start asking for the fuckin' EGR baffle kit back?

Two weeks ago, I had a 6.4L with the shorted HP fuel pump harness. The turbo y-pipe was leaking at the bellows. So I replaced it and did not add any extra labor.

Ford kicked it back.

So, basically I should have let the truck go and flag for pulling the cab again when it yo-yoed.

Quote:
Two weeks ago, I had a 6.4L with the shorted HP fuel pump harness. The turbo y-pipe was leaking at the bellows. So I replaced it and did not add any extra labor.
Ford kicked it back.
So, basically I should have let the truck go and flag for pulling the cab again when it yo-yoed.

You should have just charged he labour op then i guess.

I had this problem on a 6.0 l a month or so ago. I performed coolant loss testing on a 6.0, pressure and vac tests passed, valve was even dry, result was headgaskets, caused by severe overboost. During teardown i found coolant dye in exhaust side of egr cooler ( dye was in it for coolant loss from prior problem) so i heated and bench tested cooler, redid prior approval and got propper auth and everthing. Documented exactly what went down, and submitted claim. Denied, wont pay for egr cooler, no labour op to re and re or bench test. Re submitted claim with egr cooler labour op, denied, tech story doesnt support labour op as egr cooler was replaced at time of headgasket repair.??????????????????????

So wtf? we are supposed to give you the egr cooler out of the kindness of our hearts?

You should have just charged he labor op then i guess.

I had this problem on a 6.0 l a month or so ago. I performed coolant loss testing on a 6.0, pressure and vac tests passed, valve was even dry, result was head gaskets, caused by severe over boost. During tear down i found coolant dye in exhaust side of EGR cooler ( dye was in it for coolant loss from prior problem) so i heated and bench tested cooler, redid prior approval and got proper auth and everthing. Documented exactly what went down, and submitted claim. Denied, wont pay for EGR cooler, no labour op to re and re or bench test. Re submitted claim with EGR cooler labor op, denied, tech story doesn't support labor op as EGR cooler was replaced at time of head gasket repair.??????????????????????

So wtf? we are supposed to give you the EGR cooler out of the kindness of our hearts?

Not knowing what operations were claimed it is hard to say why this was an issue... unless you tried to claim the 5 hours for R&R EGR cooler as a stand alone repair... with the engine already apart. Some Ops you could have used instead:

[*] 6051A20 - Replace EGR Cooler (0.2)

[*]M-Time to bench test EGR cooler off vehicle (realistically worth .5 for set up and soak time)

I am not saying YOU did this but we also need to recognize the other side of the coin that there may legitimately be things that we claim that do not apply, overlap or are just plain wrong. I have seen this in my own dealership.

Are we allowed to claim labour ops outside of the tsb? If so i guess that would have been the way to go.I though they would have been happy about not being charged labour to replace a part, but i guess not.

my guess on this all is that ford is tightening the noose on dealers not doing things the way they should be but i have serious suspicions when it comes to the rarely claimed labor op excuse. sounds fishy to me

"After reassembly heard audible leakage from RH up pipe. Accessed and replaced as necessary."

Since the harness was wasted, I'm assuming it wouldn't start, right?

You have to play their game.

• 1 month later...

Heres one of the best we have run across and it happened this week.Ford would not pay 3 battery claims because we just bought a new g-190 battery tester/charger and we used 5 digit ro numbers when generating aces/dtc codes but it requires 6 digit format ro numbers to generate the correct numbers they want.In other words we have to put a 0 in front of our ro number when entering it in to the machine.When we appealed the denied claims Ford said you can't appeal a claim unless it has been denied.So we said that is what we are doing is appealing the 3 claims you denied to pay.Ford says we didn't deny those claims we just paid them at 0 dollars so they can't be appealed because they werent denied.WTF kind of shady shit is that.Is paying a claim at 0 dollars really different then denying it.NO.