Turbocharger Reconditioning

Rate this topic

In looking at the top of the TSB, the years and models you posted are there...

... but scroll down to the Labor Ops and you will see the difference. I am confused by this as well.

If there is a typo error I want to know which statement is incorrect. So for now, I consider the year/model information in the Labor Op section as the "official rule." Of course we all know that this procedure covers all of the turbos but we will only be paid on the vehicles listed.

I realized this too and posted my question on the Ford message boards to see if there is an explanation. I also want to know why the VT-365 in the Medium Duty trucks was not included as well.

Just curious what trying to unstick a turbo pays? At what point do I start paying for fixing the vehicle?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hitthefan.gif

As usual SLTS time sounds light to me.

SLTS R+R turbo

FSD 2.0

Econoline 2.8

I don't know what Int pays but the new TSB 06-17-01 pays as follows

2005-2007 Super Duty, 2005 Excursion 6.0L: Inspect, And Replace Turbocharger, Includes Time To Remove Turbo For Inspection And To Install New Turbo 2.5 Hrs.

2005-2007 Super Duty, 2005 Excursion 6.0L: Inspect, And Perform Procedure To Clean Turbocharger, Includes Time To Remove Turbo For Inspection And Reinstall After Cleaning 3.1 Hrs.

2005-2006 Econoline 6.0L: Inspect, And Replace Turbocharger, Includes Time To Remove Turbo For Inspection And To Install New Turbo 3.3 Hrs.

2005-2006 Econoline 6.0L: Inspect, And Perform Procedure To Clean Turbocharger, Includes Time To Remove Turbo For Inspection And Reinstall After Cleaning 3.9 Hrs.

So I still have no official answer as to why 03 and 04 models were excluded however my Service Manager suggested that this is "cleaning and adjusting" which is only covered by the 3/36 warranty.

Hmmm, I don't think that he realizes that there are still 03 and 04 trucks out there still eligible for the 3/36 warranty. Other than that, if you perform the reconditioning procedure you still need to replace the VGT solenoid valve so technically the diesel engine warranty would pick it up if you look at it from that angle.

Then again, what model years are getting the "new turbo" with the under cut unison ring? Nah, that couldn't be... just thinking out loud. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Then again, what model years are getting the "new turbo" with the under cut unison ring? Nah, that couldn't be... just thinking out loud. :rolleyes: [/QB]
That would be my guess, maybe next call to hotline could answer that question for sure??

That would be my guess, maybe next call to hotline could answer that question for sure??

Well, I have a 2004 that I ordered a turbo for sitting in the shop, maybe I will call the fellas over there before I lay a wrench on it.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/readthis.gif So I called the Hot Line... Sure enough, somebody goofed and left the 2003 and 2004 model years out of the LABOR OPs section. Ford is revising the TSB and will re-release it soon but the "warranty people" will NOT allow any claims for the TSB on those model years until it is in print. So until you see the change, 03 and 04 trucks are not covered.