'04 Late-build F-250 Filled With Gas

Rate this topic

This one made my evening. Some out-of-towners filled up their truck with gas back in Port Huron Michigan and drove all the way up here before they noticed any symptoms. Their intended destination is Montreal for some kind of conference meeting. Amazingly, it doesn't run THAT bad YET. Apparently, we have about a 60/40 dilution with the 60 being the gas. So far, I'm quoting to drain the "fuel" obviously and refilling with diesel along with additives and filters just to be fair. Is there anything else that I should be looking at, after this is done and no other issues arise?

Draining the "fuel" and refilling with Sunoco GOLD with the additives fixed it. I like to sleep at night knowing I didn't jump the gun, holding out-of-towners hostage by overquoting a repair. It's ALWAYS a pleasure wrenching on American's vehicles for some reason. Now, GOD only knows what would've happened if this truck had showed up on Rex's doorstep .....

When it comes to this type of repair I usually try to start with the basics before going crazy. I know some techs see it as an opportunity to make a lot of money but most of the time they end up pricing themselves out of the job.

A draining, clean fuel and filters is usually enough to get the truck running in good condition. I have done several with no complaints afterwards. The 6.4 is a completely different story though because once that truck dies on gasoline then it is usually costly.

The 6.4 is a completely different story though because once that truck dies on gasoline then it is usually costly.

And those were almost my exact same words to the customer before they happily resumed their journey to Montreal.