Head Studs

Rate this topic

I think you'll have a hard time getting the studs in the rear of the left side, but it can probably be done.

I have a similar situation here right now.

i kinda remember reading something a while back about taking the trans mount loose and jacking the rear of engine up, ill guess ill find out shortly

had a guy I worked with at my old dealership do this on a truck - just make sure you have the rear stud in question in the head/rocker box assembly as you put the head on - other than that - not much different than doing bolts on it. have fun!!!!

i dont think you will get a torque wrench on the rear lower bolt on the drivers side without lifting the cab at least a few inches?

I don't know if the body mounts/motor mounts/etc are any different, but I have a 07 F-450 or 550 apart right now and there is TONS of room at the rear on the driver's side head bolt. This one had to be done cab on since there is a dump box over top of the cab. I took that bolt out with a standard breaker bar and mastercraft 18mm chrome socket. Nothing special to it at all.

I'm wondering if this is any different access wise because it's a cab & chassis or what.

i dont think you will get a torque wrench on the rear lower bolt on the drivers side without lifting the cab at least a few inches?

Ive never had to lift the cab to torque that rear lower bolt. You must have one fatass torque wrench! Posted Image

Originally Posted By: Adam_Dodson

Ive never had to lift the cab to torque that rear lower bolt. You must have one fat*** torque wrench! Posted Image

+1 NEVER HAD A PROBLEM TORQUING IN CAB - I LIKE THE NEW SNAP-OFF TOOL, BUT I'VE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO FIT MY TORQUE WRENCH IN THERE!