a/c compressor elimination....pulley/bracket?

Rate this topic

STROKER_T

Hey guys...got an '06 e350 w/ a 6.0(church bus)here...it's got a big 14,000 miles on it,the a/c compressor is locked tight,the clucth disc is WHITE...

The church has got no funds for affording the a/c compressor,orfice tube,accumulator,and flush,and let's not forget labor... Posted Image

Is there a bypass pulley w/ bracket available for this thing and where could such a part be obtained in a timely fashion...they're gonna fix it,just not at this time....

Came in for a no start,a/c compressor is causal part,14,000 miles.... Posted Image

Thanks for any and all advice...

I don't think I have seen Ford use a dummy pulley in quite a few years. Regarding the removal of the clutch disk that might work but on many of the compressor failures I have run into lately the pulley bearing has been wiped out from the field clutch overheating.

Now... I'm not a religious man... but I try to live my life "right". I try to be careful with my donations... obviously Crohns and colitis should get the bulk of my generosity...

At the same time, I am ever thankful for my good fortune. I always try to remember to add something to the grocery basket to drop in the food bank bin on the way out of the store.... And I often cut deals for those on fixed incomes or otherwise disadvantaged.

Could this be a good opportunity to make a donation?

If they really are hurting, I'd remove the clutch disc, field, and pulley then reinstall a new pulley only. That will keep them going and if you feel generous you could give em a break on the labor.

You reap what you sow or something like that.

I'd think they would be back pretty soon since your in South Carolina. Nothing quite like a hot bus full of people in their Sunday best.

The part number for the dummy pulley and bracket assembly that takes the place of the AC compressor for non-AC equipped applications is 4C2Z-8678-AA or YS-305. Hope this helps.

Mike you are a rockstar! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I appreciate any support I can get from this website on difficult situations, so I don't mind helping whenever possible.

How about a core compressor swap. Put a bad one on it that has good pulley bearing and send theirs in for the core instead. I imagine same amount of work involved to remove and fit the dummy as to remove and fit another compressor with no charging or other service.

Dammit...I coulda been a rockstar had I only been here earlier LOL.

I just looked this up the other day at work for a similar situation, but it's a cube truck and "It don't need any damn air"

Microcat sucks, by the way.