No injector precycle

Rate this topic

oil gets changed, its part of the tsb. I do this on cp as well since like mentioned if your in it for engine work its always a good idea to change it.

we got a fluid excurvator here, i just send the tube down the oil tunnel to the pump and let the vacuum suck it all out.

+1 - I've seen guys not suck it all out and as a result have some crap they dropped in the reservoir go through the IPR and kill the truck requiring a repeat visit! (And yes, I myself did this on my first one, but after that.....haven't seen any issues when sucking ALL the oil out).

oh the trash in the IPR after cooler repair cracks me up. I make damn sure the valley is clean before taking the cooler out. I watched a guy replace 4 IPRs before figuring out what was up.

oh by the way my problem child is gone. I lucked out and skated out of that mess.

We put 8 injectors in and started rite up and ran smooth. I test drove it the other nite, got 2 bocks and the turbo took a shit. I cracked it open and all the vanes were stuck on the pins and the unison ring was worn. Cleaned it up, changed the ring, updated vgt and oil flow tube. Drove it 45 miles and like new.