Aftermarket Fuel Heater

Rate this topic

Mbl35

We've been having some issues with our chevrolets lately.

Anyway, does anyone know of an aftermarket fuel heater for an 07 chevy express van with a 6.6 duromax. They are pretty pricey, we replaced one on another unit some time back, it was leaking coolant and it was like 1500 for that little thing.

If anyone knows of a company out there that makes them for a better price i would apreciate it.

Thank you.

Have you looked into arctic fox products? At the cat dealer I work at we are an arctic fox dealer. The products seem to be pretty good quality and reasonably priced. I dont know if they would have something for your application or not but might be worth a look.

Check out your local Cummins Distributor, I can't remember the assy. number but we used them on alot of Dodges and Motor Homes. The replacement filter is a FS1242B. Remote head, electric element spacer and filter with water bowl. Real nice setup.

Welll... I see you are in Brooklyn - an old crush of mine lives there and recently remarried.... we're going back to 1966 here so don't expect any racy tales.

Anyway, here you are... asking about fuel heaters in August. There is a real good chance that I might have misunderstood things.... But I am pretty sure it is august.... and I am pretty sure you are asking about fuel heaters....

Yea well it's leaking coolant and making the coolant level low thus causing the engine to get less cooled. That is why we changed it.

Also i found out that it now lists for under a grand.

No, i beleive it's made in Germany by some company-forgot the name but it also says generalmotors on a sticker thats on the part.

Webasto, don't they produce the moonroofs on fsereis and navigators?

Webasto is a diesel-fired coolant heater that runs independant of the engine to heat the cooling system when there's no holes available to hook your block heater to.

You know it could be a coolant heater actually because i could not find the part description and a picture of it in the workshop manual. There is an exaust pipe coming out of the thing

but only one fuel line going in. I learn more and more about these duramax every time i touch them. I think though on the part invoice it was listed as a fuel heater.