No start after egr/oil cooler replacment

Rate this topic

I have an 07 f-250 that was towed in for a lack of power and loss of coolant. Peformed 09-8-3 replacing the egr cooler and heat exchanger. Changed the oil and was backing out of my stall to peform the pvt test and the truck died. Was only able to get the icp to 400 psi no matter how long I cranked it over. I was concerned about debris getting into the HP resivor even though I always completely drain and clean the resivor when I replace the screen in the resivor. Pulled the IPR and found no debris or damage to the screen. Air tested the HP oil system and confirmed the noise change when commanding the duty cycle on the ipr. I could hear a noise which sounded like the stc fitting so I removed the cover and air tested again and found no leak ? Swapped out the ipr with a known good one just in case and no change. Then I noticed air bubbles comming up from the port on top of the oil cooler where the oil supply tube for the turbo mounts ? I figured I messed up an o-ring when I replaced the heat exchanger on the oil cooler so I pulled it back out and took it apart and everything was where it was supposed to be. Found no pinched of chaffed o-rings and made sure the top was completely seated. Contacted hotline and was told to replace the cooler ? I am concerned on the theory of this however as it seems that the air comming out of the port would be on the base oil side as the port is before the HP resivor ? I did also pull both valve covers and verified there were no leaks and also pulled the filter and verified the housing fills when the check valve is depressed while cranking. Could there be a check valve in the pump that is allowing pressure to bleed off even though the ipr is maxed out ? Anything I may be over looking ? Thank you

I read that related thread before I posted. I am concerned that had I got debris in the resivor, I would have a wiped out ipr or at least seen evidence on the screen?

From reading your post it sounds like your HPOP took a dive. Everytime I have seen air coming from the base oil when air testing is the HPOP messed up internally.

Thanks for the input. The HPOP was the problem. Thanks again