banks six gun tuner on 06 f-350

Rate this topic

has anyone had trouble with the banks six gun tuner causing a surge at times. the truck has no codes and i only got it to surge on me when i was pulling ito the shop. when i removed the connector from the dlc it hasnt acted up since. also i have plugged the tuner into the dlc and road tested with no luck duplicating it.

Wouldn't be surprised. I haven't had a Banks on do it but I've had a few run ins with Edge products causing/masking problems that cleared up once the tuner was taken out.

nope, I did gaskets and studs c/p on an 07 F-350 and i put a ton of miles on it when i was done. Cust had left it cranked all the way up regardless of what he was towing. Didn't notice any driveability concerns but that was the best running 6.0 I've ever felt.

i think i remember reading something about those chips getting water in the connectors causing some problems

i think i remember reading something about those chips getting water in the connectors causing some problems

Yeah, like when they crank the power up to 6 and breach the head gaskets... coolant is ejected out of the degas bottle and all over the Banks module and harness that is velcro'd on top of the battery junction box. I have busted a couple of guys that brought their trucks in with serious head gasket failures. The BJB is nice and clean yet there is white coolant residue all round it including the underside of the hood. Then you remove the battery cover to see two perfectly clean PCM connectors and one with coolant splatter all over it from being pulled out and plugged into the Banks module... this is also true for the Edge box as well.

I did gaskets and studs c/p on an 07 F-350 and i put a ton of miles on it when i was done.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who likes to put mileage on a vehicle after a major repair such as head studs. I still get very nervous about any vehicle that I've had apart extensively.

I still get very nervous about any vehicle that I've had apart extensively.

No matter how long we've been doing this, I think deep down we should always be a bit nervous after major repair. I think it makes us better in the end.

On a side note I've seen too many careless mistakes caused by guys that seemed too over confident.

Most definitely a possibility. A friend of mine has a 04 dodge that had an intermittent problem of the rail pressure spiking and an occasional surge under load. He asked me to look at it. I told him to unhook the banks, try it for a while and than we will see what happens. He unhooked the banks and has not had a problem since, that was 6 months ago.

On a side note I've seen too many careless mistakes caused by guys that seemed too over confident.

compared to a lot of people i'm still pretty new to this business but i can't stress this enough. confidence is good but it doesn't mean anything if you don't fix the vehicle right.

And the devils advocate steps up to the podium.... Posted Image

It isn't confidence that breeds mistakes... getting in a rush makes mistakes - I'm sorry that Ford pays only .3 for a task that takes .5. If you aren't about to perform the task correctly -don't bother...

Inattention to detail makes mistakes.... using an impact inappropriately, failing to use a torque wrench when using a torque wrench is wise... changing oil and not verifying the correct level with the dipstick.

Interruptions makes mistakes... allowing your attention to be diverted in mid task can leave untorqued fasteners in it's wake. Each and every one of us is more than likely guilty - some of our oversights are pifling in the grand scheme of things... some have far reaching consequences.

You need to be confident in your abilities to perform the tasks set before you... to be confident in your skills and to be confident in your attention to details.

"Do or do not - there is no try"...