early christmas present to myself

Rate this topic

Matt Saunoras

There is was stairing back at me, laughing, mocking me, the ficm death code, P0611. Seen many of them but this one hits home. IDS is hooked to my truck

It's gotta be some kind of contradiction for a ford mechanic to buy a 6.0

I hate to say it but I fully expected to see this, I'm not going to say i'm relieved but it is an easy fix. Since it's been colder out this thing is a toad when it's not warmed up. It even does the startup rough idle for a few seconds then smoothes out. classic. check eng light isn't on yet but i bet it would have set tomorrow. did the tsb, pmi and all that bullshit, didn't change anything

all i have to do is start it tomorrow and get it to work one more time. we don't stock many diesel parts but you better believe there's a ficm on the shelf

Call Ford and tell them about it and they will tell right to your face that a FICM won't cause a no start. They tell us this on every claim we send through. Posted Image

You're kidding, right?

That damn tsb is bullshit. Yeah my mpwr was 47.5v when the inductive heat cycle was running, it never changes at koeo, but as soon as you start it, it drops down to 42.0v. surely a new ficm doesn't do that.......

According to that tsb my ficm was fixed by a reprogram, unless your the one behind the wheel feeling what a sloth it is when cold. I can't even believe how much better this truck feels with a new ficm in it.

That damn tsb is bullshit. Yeah my mpwr was 47.5v when the inductive heat cycle was running, it never changes at koeo, but as soon as you start it, it drops down to 42.0v. surely a new ficm doesn't do that.......

Well DUH! Posted Image I always monitor FICM voltage KOER after initial testing.

Do you know how many claims have been kicked back because of no DTC's?It's like a knee-jerk reaction they have at Ford. "There are no DTC's to support this repair" to which you have to write out an explanation describing the diagnosis you already wrote on the back of the repair order... which was already Faxed to them.

Posted Image

The heart of the matter is... did your repair fix the truck?. This is the overwhelming need in spite of what some desk princess decrees. Sadly, there are times when the story needs to fit the repair - not vice versa.

The heart of the matter is... did your repair fix the truck?. This is the overwhelming need in spite of what some desk princess decrees. Sadly, there are times when the story needs to fit the repair - not vice versa.

I eluded to just that in another topic. It may come down to eventually writing down what "they" want to hear. Damned be the reality of the actual test results and diagnosis.

• 3 weeks later...

Since they came out with the halfshell, that's all I've been putting on - CP or warranty. 1.7 under warranty regardless, but I tack on a few extra tenths for doing the module work under CP..