Blank FICM?

Rate this topic

Had one in last week for no start. Checked codes P0611. Checked FICM_MPWR, started at 18V then dropped to 0V. Noticed the injectors weren't buzzing either. Performed a PMI on the FICM and it came back to life, but would fall below the 45V threshold. Replaced the half shell and all was good.

Now it is back again for the same thing. Haven't had a chance to get it to it yet, so I am looking for some advice first.

What will cause a FICM to blank out but not completely fry it?

I am assuming you inspects BOTH circuit boards for loose, damaged or burnt components. At this point I would recheck the power and ground circuits to the module, may run it by the fellas at the Hot-Line. Sounds like a complete module is in order if everything checks out. I think we have had only one module do thatg to us... stranded my co-worker on the post repair road test. Posted Image

This thread is the exact reason why I refuse to install a half shell, or even think about attempting a resolder "repair".

I've done lots of half shell's with great success, and then there was the one that the main circuit board looked good on, no smell of burnt electronics like the fried ones normally have, and it still wouldn't start after half shell replacement. rechecked all my circuitry, all good, disassembled and inspected board again, still don't see a problem (but then I'm not a circuit board expert, so what would I know without something obviouslly burnt?) contacted prior approval for a whole ficm - put a whole ficm in - starts and runs fine!! Posted Image